LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/20/2016 12:23 pm  #1

Be So Good They Can't Ignore You

"Be so good they can't ignore you." - Steve Martin // a couple of weeks ago I decided to make this my mantra!

Last Saturday one of my best girl friends told me she wanted to take me out dancing downtown that evening. Now this friend of mine loves to get fancy--dress head to toe in leather, nails done, hair done and loves to get down on the dance floor. So whenever we go out together we make sure we are dressed to the nines. So I threw on this bitchin' Vintage Silver Metal Mesh top (looks like it is straight out of Studio 54) with an exposed back tucked in to my Vintage Levi's Daisy Duke Cut Offs and a pair of sexy skin color heel sandals (the combo just elongates the legs and makes them look super long). I slathered on some self tanner, subtle make up that makes my eyes look crystal blue and sprayed some dry shampoo in my hair to pump up the volume. When my girlfriend picked me up she was like "Dang--you look like a Victoria's Secret model, we are definitely getting some free shots tonight" 😜

So we get downtown and stop at one of our favorite restaurants to grab a bite to eat before going to the bar with a dance floor. We were walking up with a group of guys we didn't know and one of them said to me "we are all sitting at the same table right ;)" and I just replied with a flirty "I dunno, maybe haha". My girlfriend said that every single guy and girl in the place turned and checked me out. -So- it's only 9:30pm and me and my girls are already breaking necks..this is a good sign! Us girls were then seated at our table. The group of guys who said something to me were seated 3 tables back and asked the waitress to move their table so they could sit next to us. These are how powerful the vibes my girls and I were putting out!!

As we were eating and catching up/chatting, I checked one of my social media outlets and saw that my current target's roommates were at home partying. I got kind of discouraged for a moment because a part of me had a feeling that I would be running into my target that evening. I quickly snapped out of it however and thought f%ck it, we are still going to have a good time!

So we wrap up dinner and I suggest we head to this bar that I had been at the night before because it was PACKED and a lot of FUN. We walk into the place and go to the bar first to grab a drink. I'm standing a bit back from the bar and this cute girl comes up to me to compliment my outfit, so I'm standing there chatting with her and her boyfriend and look past them and see a mutual friend at the bar that me and my target have. I then look to see who he is with at the bar....and BOOM standing right next to him was my target!! And I know him and his friends saw me because everyone was checking me out. I go up to my girlfriends and tell them that he is there and if we should leave. They both look at me and say "Um NO! The way you are looking tonight, we are not leaving. We are grabbing a drink and you're going to strut your stuff right past him." I took a deep breath and said OK. The last time I saw my target IRL was about a month ago and the run in was not good. I wrote about it on this forum. I kept going up to him, trying to talk to him and he just got more and more resistant and upset. I had just miscarried his child about a month before that run in and felt he owed me a lot. I left that night so depressed, and I cringe typing this but not wanting to be alive anymore. This night was going to be different!!

My girlfriends were having trouble getting the bartenders attention, so I went up to the bar and immediately the bartender was like "YOU. What do you want?" The Universe was just making sure everything was aligned for me that night because I had been doing so much inner work on myself. Alright so now we have our Gin & Ginger Ales in our hands, and immediately the lighting changes, the lights dim and the walkway to wear my target and his group of friends were lights up. And the DJ throws on "Run The World (Girls)" by Beyonce. The irony of this that I have a playlist of all these songs that make me feel empowered when I'm feeling low, that make me envision myself on my pedestal, and that Victoria's Secret catwalk moment, and this song is on that playlist. So to speak -- the stage was set!!

So here we go, walking what was my "catwalk" at the moment LOL. Immediately all his friends look at me and say Hi--so I go over to them and am chatting it up and they are totally being nice and interested in talking to me. My target is sitting on the floor looking like a mess smoking a cigarette (p-u). My girlfriend said he was forcing to keep his head turned in the opposite direction, staring at a wood fence, that he just looked like an idiot. Now I have been using PW, BWD and CC on him everyday, so that's how powerful these techniques are, he has to force himself not took at me because he knows how weak I make him. So after chatting with all his friends and roommates for a few, I decide it's time to make the rounds and mingle with other people I know/want to meet that are there. I go to walk away and his VERY best friend walks up to me to give me a hug and say Hi. We talked for a good 20-30 minutes. And during our chat I said "Oh you know I'm drinking because I'm going through something" and his best friend responded with "We are here for you. And we're all going through something" and looks right over and tilts his chin up at his best friend (my target). I felt like he was hinting that my target was having a hard time coping with everything too. [ At the time I hadn't put this together but after the run in I remembered that last week I had a dream that I was with the same two friends that I was with this night, and ran into my target's best friend (the best friend who I was just talking about) and in the dream his best friend told me that my target cries about me every night. ] I ended the conversation and then walked around, flirted and mingled, I was working the room! And I know my target kept looking over his shoulder to watch me (he gets very jealous).

So my girl friend comes up to me, she is very intuitive and logical and not very emotional, and she says "Ok, we finished our drinks--now it's time for us to bounce. He does not get the satisfaction of watching what you do and who you talk to all night, and make him think he is boring you and you are not interested in being the same place as him anymore. So go make eye contact and strut right past him. So here I am, standing right behind him about 50 feet just like in my PW, he turns to look over his left shoulder to check on my whereabouts -- and I'm not on that side anymore so he looks over his left shoulder and we make eye contact. He then quickly turns his head. I know he was just waiting for me to tap him on the shoulder and say "Can I talk to you" like I had down at our previous run in. Nope, not tonight buddy! Just did my Victoria's Secret runway walk out of the building bet you hate to watch me leave 😜 My girlfriend said the whole vibe of the bar just dropped after I walked out. We then went to another bar and another song from my empowerment playlist was playing there "Needed Me" by Rihanna. We then left and went home -- so we wouldn't be found and they can bounce from bar to bar wondering where we were at.

"Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement." - Alfred Adler

Seeing my target at the bar, the music, the lights, the people, my target's best friend and my dream -- All examples that show the synchronicity and clues/hints the Universe shows us when we strengthen our minds and become more aligned and in tune with the magical laws of the Universe. After my run in to him a month or so ago, where I was trying to get him to talk to me and he is yelling at me to leave him alone at the bar -- I regretted it and learned from my mistakes, but was also thankful that that had happened as it set the stage for exactly what happened Saturday night. The contrast of the two run ins are completely day and night, and you know that baffled him. I had been envisioning what had happened Saturday night in my head and it could not have gone any more perfect. I felt elated, I felt like I got my power back (exactly like in the CC meditations). ​Our intentions, when coupled with actions have a powerful influence on our environment. They create streams of energy which will manifest.

So "Be so good they can't ignore you." // Step back and regain your footing. Surround yourself with positive people who will hold you to your higher self. Liberate yourself from the jail of your own beliefs, and plant new seeds of love and self confidence in it's place. Put your name on-the-map. Set a personal/professional goal so big you have no choice but to emerge yourself into it. Hustle, work hard, don't give up, rinse and repeat. Make yourself a playlist that puts you right on your pedestal and/or that runway. Nurture, pamper and treat yourself like gold, especially if your self esteem took a hit from a callous lover (tell 'em Boy Bye 👋🏽). Know that the love you give is un-f&cking-forgettable and transforming, the kind only meant for the brave. And always remember you can turn around any situation with the power of your mind 😏

Last edited by bellescanyon (9/20/2016 12:31 pm)

9/20/2016 2:56 pm  #2

Re: Be So Good They Can't Ignore You

bellescanyon wrote:

"Be so good they can't ignore you." - Steve Martin // a couple of weeks ago I decided to make this my mantra!

Last Saturday one of my best girl friends told me she wanted to take me out dancing downtown that evening. Now this friend of mine loves to get fancy--dress head to toe in leather, nails done, hair done and loves to get down on the dance floor. So whenever we go out together we make sure we are dressed to the nines. So I threw on this bitchin' Vintage Silver Metal Mesh top (looks like it is straight out of Studio 54) with an exposed back tucked in to my Vintage Levi's Daisy Duke Cut Offs and a pair of sexy skin color heel sandals (the combo just elongates the legs and makes them look super long). I slathered on some self tanner, subtle make up that makes my eyes look crystal blue and sprayed some dry shampoo in my hair to pump up the volume. When my girlfriend picked me up she was like "Dang--you look like a Victoria's Secret model, we are definitely getting some free shots tonight" 😜

So we get downtown and stop at one of our favorite restaurants to grab a bite to eat before going to the bar with a dance floor. We were walking up with a group of guys we didn't know and one of them said to me "we are all sitting at the same table right ;)" and I just replied with a flirty "I dunno, maybe haha". My girlfriend said that every single guy and girl in the place turned and checked me out. -So- it's only 9:30pm and me and my girls are already breaking necks..this is a good sign! Us girls were then seated at our table. The group of guys who said something to me were seated 3 tables back and asked the waitress to move their table so they could sit next to us. These are how powerful the vibes my girls and I were putting out!!

As we were eating and catching up/chatting, I checked one of my social media outlets and saw that my current target's roommates were at home partying. I got kind of discouraged for a moment because a part of me had a feeling that I would be running into my target that evening. I quickly snapped out of it however and thought f%ck it, we are still going to have a good time!

So we wrap up dinner and I suggest we head to this bar that I had been at the night before because it was PACKED and a lot of FUN. We walk into the place and go to the bar first to grab a drink. I'm standing a bit back from the bar and this cute girl comes up to me to compliment my outfit, so I'm standing there chatting with her and her boyfriend and look past them and see a mutual friend at the bar that me and my target have. I then look to see who he is with at the bar....and BOOM standing right next to him was my target!! And I know him and his friends saw me because everyone was checking me out. I go up to my girlfriends and tell them that he is there and if we should leave. They both look at me and say "Um NO! The way you are looking tonight, we are not leaving. We are grabbing a drink and you're going to strut your stuff right past him." I took a deep breath and said OK. The last time I saw my target IRL was about a month ago and the run in was not good. I wrote about it on this forum. I kept going up to him, trying to talk to him and he just got more and more resistant and upset. I had just miscarried his child about a month before that run in and felt he owed me a lot. I left that night so depressed, and I cringe typing this but not wanting to be alive anymore. This night was going to be different!!

My girlfriends were having trouble getting the bartenders attention, so I went up to the bar and immediately the bartender was like "YOU. What do you want?" The Universe was just making sure everything was aligned for me that night because I had been doing so much inner work on myself. Alright so now we have our Gin & Ginger Ales in our hands, and immediately the lighting changes, the lights dim and the walkway to wear my target and his group of friends were lights up. And the DJ throws on "Run The World (Girls)" by Beyonce. The irony of this that I have a playlist of all these songs that make me feel empowered when I'm feeling low, that make me envision myself on my pedestal, and that Victoria's Secret catwalk moment, and this song is on that playlist. So to speak -- the stage was set!!

So here we go, walking what was my "catwalk" at the moment LOL. Immediately all his friends look at me and say Hi--so I go over to them and am chatting it up and they are totally being nice and interested in talking to me. My target is sitting on the floor looking like a mess smoking a cigarette (p-u). My girlfriend said he was forcing to keep his head turned in the opposite direction, staring at a wood fence, that he just looked like an idiot. Now I have been using PW, BWD and CC on him everyday, so that's how powerful these techniques are, he has to force himself not took at me because he knows how weak I make him. So after chatting with all his friends and roommates for a few, I decide it's time to make the rounds and mingle with other people I know/want to meet that are there. I go to walk away and his VERY best friend walks up to me to give me a hug and say Hi. We talked for a good 20-30 minutes. And during our chat I said "Oh you know I'm drinking because I'm going through something" and his best friend responded with "We are here for you. And we're all going through something" and looks right over and tilts his chin up at his best friend (my target). I felt like he was hinting that my target was having a hard time coping with everything too. [ At the time I hadn't put this together but after the run in I remembered that last week I had a dream that I was with the same two friends that I was with this night, and ran into my target's best friend (the best friend who I was just talking about) and in the dream his best friend told me that my target cries about me every night. ] I ended the conversation and then walked around, flirted and mingled, I was working the room! And I know my target kept looking over his shoulder to watch me (he gets very jealous).

So my girl friend comes up to me, she is very intuitive and logical and not very emotional, and she says "Ok, we finished our drinks--now it's time for us to bounce. He does not get the satisfaction of watching what you do and who you talk to all night, and make him think he is boring you and you are not interested in being the same place as him anymore. So go make eye contact and strut right past him. So here I am, standing right behind him about 50 feet just like in my PW, he turns to look over his left shoulder to check on my whereabouts -- and I'm not on that side anymore so he looks over his left shoulder and we make eye contact. He then quickly turns his head. I know he was just waiting for me to tap him on the shoulder and say "Can I talk to you" like I had down at our previous run in. Nope, not tonight buddy! Just did my Victoria's Secret runway walk out of the building bet you hate to watch me leave 😜 My girlfriend said the whole vibe of the bar just dropped after I walked out. We then went to another bar and another song from my empowerment playlist was playing there "Needed Me" by Rihanna. We then left and went home -- so we wouldn't be found and they can bounce from bar to bar wondering where we were at.

"Life happens at the level of events, not of words. Trust movement." - Alfred Adler

Seeing my target at the bar, the music, the lights, the people, my target's best friend and my dream -- All examples that show the synchronicity and clues/hints the Universe shows us when we strengthen our minds and become more aligned and in tune with the magical laws of the Universe. After my run in to him a month or so ago, where I was trying to get him to talk to me and he is yelling at me to leave him alone at the bar -- I regretted it and learned from my mistakes, but was also thankful that that had happened as it set the stage for exactly what happened Saturday night. The contrast of the two run ins are completely day and night, and you know that baffled him. I had been envisioning what had happened Saturday night in my head and it could not have gone any more perfect. I felt elated, I felt like I got my power back (exactly like in the CC meditations). ​Our intentions, when coupled with actions have a powerful influence on our environment. They create streams of energy which will manifest.

So "Be so good they can't ignore you." // Step back and regain your footing. Surround yourself with positive people who will hold you to your higher self. Liberate yourself from the jail of your own beliefs, and plant new seeds of love and self confidence in it's place. Put your name on-the-map. Set a personal/professional goal so big you have no choice but to emerge yourself into it. Hustle, work hard, don't give up, rinse and repeat. Make yourself a playlist that puts you right on your pedestal and/or that runway. Nurture, pamper and treat yourself like gold, especially if your self esteem took a hit from a callous lover (tell 'em Boy Bye 👋🏽). Know that the love you give is un-f&cking-forgettable and transforming, the kind only meant for the brave. And always remember you can turn around any situation with the power of your mind 😏

You're awesome sweetie thank you for this!!!! It's so good to hear this because more and more women seem to question themselves and have very low self esteem and they settle for shit beneath them!! Why we do that I'm not sure especially when we can have the world at our feet!!!!

9/20/2016 4:30 pm  #3

I love it bellescanyon! yup, "tell em boy, bye!"
Thanks so much for sharing this encouraging story with us here!

All advice given is intended in the best interest of whomever I may be replying to & my opinions may not necessarily reflect those of the wider community on the forum.

10/12/2016 3:34 am  #4

Amazing. Thanks for sharing...any update?

7/02/2018 3:15 pm  #5

That was fabulous to read. So uplifting!

7/14/2018 11:14 am  #6

Board footera