LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/22/2016 3:03 pm  #1

How do you stay in the "vortex"?

I've read about the vortex here and there and I gather that it's a state where you're vibing really high and feeling amazing.

So yesterday I was vibing really really high after reading this article: http://zazenlife.com/2015/04/17/how-to-shift-your-reality-by-shifting-yourself/

It gave me so so many insights into my relationship with my ex. Everything started making sense - that his thoughts were likely bringing out a bad version of me. He hated that I complained so much, but thing is, I'm only like that when I'm with him! I just naturally acted in ways that matched the way HE thought about ME.

After that, I thought, OMG... my relationship with him would have turned out COMPLETELY different if I ignored the reality (e.g. when he was insensitive, pressuring, impatient, etc) - and instead, chose to only focus on the aspects of him that I did want to see - him being patient, sensitive, so loving.

I then decided to love him and think kindly of him (like the story of the neighbor in the article). Felt AMAZING!

I believe I was in the vortex, because while I was vibing - a guy that I talked to briefly in 2014 but never met (I left his city so I stopped replying him) messaged me on the online dating site.

He's very similar to my ex, they're both Sagittarius, same age, same ethnicity, both successful and wealthy, except this guy is quirky and weird like me which I like because my ex is way too normal.

I thought HOLY SHT!!! My next bf??

Anyways so I was feeling great after that, but today I'm back to feeling my normal baseline which is not happy nor sad. I know it's not the end of the day yet but I'm going to be so bummed out if my ex doesn't wish me happy birthday.

How do I stay in that high vibe? Or is that not sustainable?

It's no coincidence that the guy messaged me right when I was in a high vibe state! I want more exciting things like that to happen, but I'm having trouble feeling consistently good.

I actually started feeling a little insecure after I messaged him back, because I remembered many things about him and felt like I came across a little too eager/desperate (I'm not! I'm just excited that I attracted his message at the same time when my vibe was at its peak).

9/23/2016 4:16 am  #2

Re: How do you stay in the "vortex"?

I love this article!

And I don't think your vibe should peak constantly. I often use these  bright moments to visualize my desires or meditate, but after that I go back to my 'normal' life and state. I let go.

Board footera