LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/02/2016 2:29 pm  #1

Help.....Letting Go Questions

I'm in the process on working on letting go, stopped checking his social media, checking my phone every 2 minutes to see if he's contacted me etc.  I've started back at the gym, even people at work have commented on how happier I seem, I can't lie it is hard but I will get there.

We have been in NC for nearly 2 weeks now, not that long compared to some I know! Today I had an overwhelming urge to message him along with this weird sensation in my abdomen (I've been getting this sensation when this urge comes hard).  I eventually managed to talk myself out of it by telling myself he knows where I am, he will contact me when he's ready and how he's fighting his feelings for me, loves me and to carry on living my life as he's on his way to me.  Are these the right things to be telling myself and is it okay to keep telling myself these throughout the day?

I also have a tendency quite a lot throughout the day to play out scenes with me and him in my head, they are always good things that I picture happening with me and him, like him coming here to visit, me going back there, good happy scenarios.  Should I be doing this or is this going against the letting go process? I really don't want to be doing these things if they are going to have an adverse effect on the situation.

11/02/2016 4:30 pm  #2

Re: Help.....Letting Go Questions

Hi Lovely,
Have a read of this article, it is the best advice out there on letting go and detachment

http://laniestevensforum.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?id=1347

11/03/2016 7:35 am  #3

Blissful wrote:

Hi Lovely,
Have a read of this article, it is the best advice out there on letting go and detachment

Love this, thank you Blissful.

I visualise/affirm because it makes me feel happy but it also makes me feel closer to him. I don't worry about the outcome I just feel the happy feelings and closeness.

The scenarios in my head is something i've always done for as long as I can remember, the ones with him I make a point of keeping positive, like he's booked his flight and is coming to see me, then I play it on from when he arrives, meeting him at airport and so on! I'm still a wee bit confused as to whether I should cut back on doing this!

11/03/2016 5:36 pm  #4

daisychain wrote:

Blissful wrote:

Hi Lovely,

I visualise/affirm because it makes me feel happy but it also makes me feel closer to him. I don't worry about the outcome I just feel the happy feelings and closeness.

The scenarios in my head is something i've always done for as long as I can remember, the ones with him I make a point of keeping positive, like he's booked his flight and is coming to see me, then I play it on from when he arrives, meeting him at airport and so on! I'm still a wee bit confused as to whether I should cut back on doing this!

Honestly it all comes down to what makes you feel good and you really need to check in with yourself and ask, am I dong this to get him back or am I doing this because it makes me feel good and I don't have any doubts or resistance with these thoughts. Only you can truly know how you are feeling and what is motivating you. It is a learning process and it is okay to wobble and get off track but eventually you will start to feel a shift inside of you where you really can just let go of the how and when it is going to happen and just focus on feeling good. The journey to getting your love should be a fun one! not a struggle because you know that as soon as you decided upon your desire it is done! it is done and it is coming to you but you cannot worry about when it is coming or how it will show up. Focus on cleaning up your vibration and just feel happy as much as possible, look after yourself and do things for you! So basically if it feels good to visualize, continue to do this and send love to him and yourself. The second doubt wanders in or you feel you are working to hard to try to get him back then have a break and focus on being happy with your now.
Hope this helps

11/03/2016 6:40 pm  #5

Blissful wrote:

daisychain wrote:

Blissful wrote:

Hi Lovely,

Honestly it all comes down to what makes you feel good and you really need to check in with yourself and ask, am I dong this to get him back or am I doing this because it makes me feel good and I don't have any doubts or resistance with these thoughts. Only you can truly know how you are feeling and what is motivating you. It is a learning process and it is okay to wobble and get off track but eventually you will start to feel a shift inside of you where you really can just let go of the how and when it is going to happen and just focus on feeling good. The journey to getting your love should be a fun one! not a struggle because you know that as soon as you decided upon your desire it is done! it is done and it is coming to you but you cannot worry about when it is coming or how it will show up. Focus on cleaning up your vibration and just feel happy as much as possible, look after yourself and do things for you! So basically if it feels good to visualize, continue to do this and send love to him and yourself. The second doubt wanders in or you feel you are working to hard to try to get him back then have a break and focus on being happy with your now.
Hope this helps

Thank you, that clears up so much for me and helps so much.  If i'm honest at the start it was to get him back but that's changed and now I do it as it makes me feel good and is helping me so much with getting back to my happy old self. I will continue visualizing and sending love to him and myself

11/03/2016 7:04 pm  #6

daisychain wrote:

Blissful wrote:

daisychain wrote:

Hope this helps

Thank you, that clears up so much for me and helps so much.  If i'm honest at the start it was to get him back but that's changed and now I do it as it makes me feel good and is helping me so much with getting back to my happy old self. I will continue visualizing and sending love to him and myself

Your Welcome lovely, and I was in the same boat as you at the start! I didn't even realize I was doing it until I read the detachment article and it cleared everything up for me! Of course we want our loves back, but we are simply slowing down the process by focussing on the current reality of him not being there when instead we need to trust it is done and be happy he is coming when the timing is right. I am grateful for all this time I am having to learn and grow and when my love is back he will be just amazed at the person I have become

Board footera