LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2017 2:37 pm  #1

Jumpy/distracting visualisations.

Does anyone else get distracted while visualizing and doing PW? Sometimes mine are jumpy/all over the place - seeing us in one place then another. How do you manage to focus your concentration?

1/25/2017 7:25 pm  #2

Re: Jumpy/distracting visualisations.

Hi Blue, try writing a simple script to follow before you start the PW session. Then when you start really try to focus on the breathing on the beginning to relax you. When you are ready remember the script and follow it when you visualize.

All advice given is intended in the best interest of whomever I may be replying to & my opinions may not necessarily reflect those of the wider community on the forum.

1/25/2017 8:17 pm  #3

Sometimes i have that problem.
But i figure as long as it is the same person then i was okay

1/25/2017 8:20 pm  #4

Blue wrote:

Does anyone else get distracted while visualizing and doing PW? Sometimes mine are jumpy/all over the place - seeing us in one place then another. How do you manage to focus your concentration?

You may have too many things going on.  Try to unwind prior to your meditations.  Have you done the guided
ones?  I like to take hot shower/baths beforehand and that's so relaxing.  Afterwards I spend a few minutes
with my lotions and potions and brushing my hair so my mind is clear.  My room is peaceful and sometimes
I drift to sleep before I get into meditating but I'm rarely distracted. 

Try the guided meditations or play some quiet music, that should help you be more relaxed and maybe lay
off the internet and your iPhone a couple of hours before bedtime, that might help also. 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*                   Don’t Be Pushed By Your Problems. Be Led By Your Dreams ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson                   *
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

1/25/2017 9:06 pm  #5

Blue wrote:

Everyone gets distracted it's not just you.  Just gently bring your focus back to the visualization.  Also, sometimes your mind can be jumpy and wander when you are really deep into the meditation.  Sometimes I will feel almost like I am in another place with other people like a dream but it isn't a dream or a vision of something unrelated will pop into my head.  :-)

1/26/2017 12:10 am  #6

Blue wrote:

i tend do that as well especially when I do it with my eyes open but then I realize I'm not feeling the emotions I'm trying to send through so I normally stop what I'm doing and go from there😀

1/31/2017 3:07 am  #7

Quick Question: Is there such thing as visualizing and doing PW too much? I must've done it 5 or 6 times in the past 24 hours...each about 15-20 minute sessions.  I've just been wanting to send mad love to my man. 

1/31/2017 3:41 am  #8

The only thing that I think that it could do is make you feel exhausted, but if you feel alive and great go for it.

1/31/2017 3:41 am  #9

Blue wrote:

Quick Question: Is there such thing as visualizing and doing PW too much? I must've done it 5 or 6 times in the past 24 hours...each about 15-20 minute sessions.  I've just been wanting to send mad love to my man. 

Yes, you can do anything too much.  And if you're feeling that it's too much you've probably reached the point of
saturation.  You might want to take a break and develop a flexible schedule so that you don't drive yourself crazy.
Just continue filling his little rain cloud and keep yourself busy with other interests.  Or just go take a nap.  

*                   Don’t Be Pushed By Your Problems. Be Led By Your Dreams ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson                   *

1/31/2017 3:46 am  #10

Indigo wrote:

Blue wrote:

Yes, you can do anything too much.  And if you're feeling that it's too much you've probably reached the point of
saturation.  You might want to take a break and develop a flexible schedule so that you don't drive yourself crazy.
Just continue filling his little rain cloud and keep yourself busy with other interests.  Or just go take a nap.  

Will do, Indigo ! Thank you. I found more great binaural beats and gorgeous piano music, I will definitely have to put them in a huge post - especially the binaural ones because I know you spoke the other day about liking deep meditative audio tracks

Board footera