LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/18/2017 11:55 am  #1

Lanie's method worked but it all went wrong

Hi everyone. Nice to be here and I think you're a lovely group of people.

There is a guy I have known via internet for about a year. From the start he would tell me I'm beautiful every time I changed my profile pic on facebook. He would like every post I made. Sometimes he would message me and we'd talk and he was always sweet, funny and polite. I found him really nice and so handsome. 

Finally he started to contact me more. Then one day I got a message from him where he said he had split from his girl (his decision), and that she possibly might try to bother me. I found this curious. There was something about the way he said it that made me think he might be giving me the hint that he is free now.  We chatted and he asked if he can talk to me regularly. I said yes, and he began contacting me daily, attempting to flirt. He would leave me messages that were romantic. Then one night he sent me a little verse saying how he was watching the moon and how he wished I could be at his side. He called me "my love". I found myself thinking about him all the time.  I did PW on him and imagined him telling me I was the most beautiful woman he had seen in his life, and that he wanted to marry me.

The following morning he sent me a love message.  Before I knew it we were flirting heavily and it got sexual. He told me he loved me, and that he had loved me for a long time. Then he said I was the most beautiful woman he had seen in his life, and he asked me to marry him - just as in my Lanie meditation. He said he wanted us to be married by early 2019. I said I want to marry him, but that we need to know each other for a while before finally deciding for sure. He said he didn't need to wait to decide anything. He said he loved me and from now on I would be his only love during his whole life. 

But the next day I couldn't come online until late. He was impatient and had been messaging me constantly all day. Later we fought, and I ended up in tears. He apologised and we made up. He began talking about our wedding, our life together, all the details, and he said "please say now that you will marry me". I said "yes!"and I felt so happy. 

He started talking about how life would be for us. He said he is posessive. He said he doesn't want me talking to any other guys on social media. I said ok, but then he said that he wanted my FB password. I said no. I felt it was going too far.

He said that proved I didn't trust him. Things got unpleasant. I said I was going offline to make dinner and he said "don't tell me that. Don't treat me like I'm stupid. I know you're chatting to another guy".  He kept accusing and was really nasty. I got upset. Finally I told him that I wasn't going to message him again. He gave me the thumbs up sign.

That was three days ago. The day after the fight he sent me an invitation on fb to "like" a shop that specializes in wedding clothes like the ones he had talked about. I "liked" it. The next day he was likeing all my posts again. He posted pics on his page of himself as a little kid. I liked the post

Yesterday he messaged me, thanking me for liking his post. He addressed me formally and called me "miss ....". I said he was welcome, and I called him "dear". I thanked him also for liking my posts, and I called him by a fun nic-name that I used for him. He gave me the thumbs up sign. I did the same. He did it again. So did I. After that he didn't continue the conversation. 

Today he liked a post of mine. But that's it. Then he went offline. Meanwhile I'm missing him badly. I feel totally in love. How do I handle this? What kind of Lanie meditation would be best for this situation?

Last edited by Sunshhine14 (2/18/2017 12:00 pm)

2/18/2017 12:32 pm  #2

Re: Lanie's method worked but it all went wrong

This guy sounds super controlling and jealous do you still want to marry him?

"I am not throwing away my shot!" - Lin Manuel Miranda

2/18/2017 1:26 pm  #3

AnnanWater wrote:

This guy sounds super controlling and jealous do you still want to marry him?

Yes. At least, I'd like to see how things go. He wanted to marry in early 2019, so there would be time for me to call it off if need be. 

2/18/2017 1:39 pm  #4

In my opinion, the best way for you to handle this situation is to take a step back from him. If he just got out of a relationship, he should take a stop & chill, instead of jumping into another relationship, especially before talking about marriage. How long ago did he break up with his ex?
As for you, take the time to love yourself and make sure that you are attracting exactly what you want, instead of settling for a guy that is crazy possessive & easily flies off the handles. If the signs of abuse are already showing, why do you want a relationship with him?  I know marriage seems to be your goal, but is that the kind of marriage you want? Keep him at a distance and do PW that way...That's my advice

2/18/2017 5:43 pm  #5

Hi sweetie, welcome.

Yes, Lanie's method works.

I need to give it to you straight, is this your first relationship? The guy sounds like he has a personality disorder.  These people rarely change - you are playing with fire here!
He seems to have succeeded in making you emotionally dependent on him. Thank God you havent met in real life yet, get out while you still can!
Work on yourself now to figure out why you are entertaining this unstable person as a potential bf / future hubby.

Last edited by emmiline (2/18/2017 5:44 pm)

All advice given is intended in the best interest of whomever I may be replying to & my opinions may not necessarily reflect those of the wider community on the forum.

2/18/2017 5:52 pm  #6

I want to say ditto on the personality disorder. This guy sounds a lot like my ex boyfriend who made my life hell after I broke it off.

Sunshine, I know you like this man a lot but please be very cautious. He very much sounds like he is not mentally sound. I know that sounds harsh and I don't want to be mean but please just be careful.

2/18/2017 6:44 pm  #7

He sounds narcissistic as all hell...I'd run for it...=x

2/18/2017 7:03 pm  #8

I agree about being careful. It sounds like there's some sort of mental issue going on here possibly. Also if you guys haven't met in real life I think it's hard to know what the connection will be like when you actually meet.

2/18/2017 7:19 pm  #9

Sunshhine14 wrote:

Meanwhile I'm missing him badly. I feel totally in love. How do I handle this? What kind of Lanie meditation would be best for this situation?

There is NO Lanie meditation for this.  Unless I've missed something, PW or any
of her other meditation methods are not intended to be used on sociopaths that
you meet online.

Do yourself a favor and move on from this.  Seriously, you need to stay offline
with ​this person.  If you want to meet guys online, go to a dating site and find
someone who can actually court you in the real world.  Or sign up on It's Just
Lunch.  Or ask your friends to introduce you to somebody.  That's how you get
a real husband. 

It might be beneficial for you to use a Lanie Empower Yourself Meditation such
as "Ask for Inner Guidance" or "Powerful, Wonderful You."  

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*                   Don’t Be Pushed By Your Problems. Be Led By Your Dreams ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson                   *
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2/19/2017 5:55 am  #10

emmiline wrote:

Hi sweetie, welcome.

Yes, Lanie's method works.

I need to give it to you straight, is this your first relationship? The guy sounds like he has a personality disorder. These people rarely change - you are playing with fire here!
He seems to have succeeded in making you emotionally dependent on him. Thank God you havent met in real life yet, get out while you still can!
Work on yourself now to figure out why you are entertaining this unstable person as a potential bf / future hubby.

No,no. This is not my first relationship. I'm actually seeing someone else right now. But I'm keeping my options open and I became gradually attracted to this guy, over the past year.

Board footera