LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/26/2017 5:35 am  #1

Technique affected him so much he left the country

So I found out yesterday my guy is overseas and has been there for a couple of weeks. I deleted him off all social media and we haven't spoken in 7 weeks, then all of a sudden he popped up on a friends snapchat and this friend lives in America! (we live in Australia) I've spoken in posts before about him not being able to commit to me because he kept saying he was applying for jobs in America and he may have to leave at anytime so he can't be in a relationship. I decided I couldn't have a friends with benefits relationship anymore so I walked away but continued doing PW, BWD and the Love Spell for the past 7 weeks imagining the relationship I want to have with him. So now I am thinking he just all of a sudden made this snap decision to go travel overseas with his best friend who was going over there to see his brother and to do some back packing. I am trying to see this as a positive that maybe he has been pretty miserable without me in his life and the technique has been affecting him so much he just had to leave and find happiness in a holiday because to me it just seems odd to do that instead of just waiting to get the job he wanted.. I dunno if I'm just clutching at straws here and reading to much into it but my hope is that he is just going over for a holiday and not considering living there for a year or two like he originally planned. I tried to send him a message on Facebook messenger but he hasn't opened it for two days.. Don't really know what to think especially when I have no way of finding out why he is there/how long for.. I was doing well with NC and just doing my own thing before this, now its left me with so many questions.. :/

3/26/2017 1:56 pm  #2

Re: Technique affected him so much he left the country

He just responded to me.. I wrote to him "Did you go to America?"
He responded with "I did, how did you know considering you deleted me off all social media?"
I have no idea what to write back!??

3/26/2017 5:40 pm  #3

Does he know why you blocked him in social media? He must have tried to contact you if he discovered you blocked him.

You could just tell him the truth about how you know, that it's through a friend's post?

3/26/2017 6:19 pm  #4

Blissful wrote:

He just responded to me.. I wrote to him "Did you go to America?"
He responded with "I did, how did you know considering you deleted me off all social media?"
I have no idea what to write back!??

I would take a bit to respond but keep it light & friendly.
"It was just wishful thinking 😘 Lol ... Saw it on so-&-so's page & was happy for you, hoping you're having a blast!"

3/26/2017 6:50 pm  #5

jellyb wrote:

Does he know why you blocked him in social media? He must have tried to contact you if he discovered you blocked him.

You could just tell him the truth about how you know, that it's through a friend's post?

​He doesn't know why I blocked him, we were NC for 4 weeks when I met up with a friend who told me things about him that upset me so immediately after I met my friend I impulsively blocked him off all social media then just felt like I couldn't add him back so just left it.. but he obviously noticed! and he must be a little bit bothered by it.. so I don't know how to explain why I blocked him.. I don't mind telling him how I found out he was in America because its harmless and I didn't stalk anyone to find out, I was genuinely surprised when he was on her snapchat video

3/26/2017 8:43 pm  #6

Would you feel comfortable sharing why you blocked him? Or maybe you'd rather not tell the real story, would you feel comfortable making up something that sounded plausible?

3/26/2017 8:57 pm  #7

jellyb wrote:

Would you feel comfortable sharing why you blocked him? Or maybe you'd rather not tell the real story, would you feel comfortable making up something that sounded plausible?

​I'm not sure what story I could make up.. perhaps I could say something like; I found out some things that upset me and I impulsively blocked you. A lot of time has passed now and I am not hung up on it anymore. Good to see you are having fun, enjoy however long you have left there.

I dunno, what do you think?

3/26/2017 9:38 pm  #8

I would say exactly that.

You heard something a while ago and your reaction at the time was to block him to protect yourself from getting any further upset.

3/26/2017 10:01 pm  #9

I agree with Jen, that sounds like a good way of handling it. Honest but also casual.

3/26/2017 10:13 pm  #10

Okay, Thank you Jen and Jellyb! I feel better about sending it now  

Board footera