LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

2/16/2018 1:40 pm  #1

Do you use future tense or past tense in PW?

Hey everyone

I was reading several posts and I was thinking most of you here do you use future tense in PW when you see your POI talking to you (in PW) or pretend like it happened? I mean do you see them say "I want you and me to be back together", "I want you to be my wife" or "I'm happy you and me are dating", "I'm happy you and me are back together"  like if it has happened already? What works for you best?

Thank you 

2/16/2018 2:29 pm  #2

Re: Do you use future tense or past tense in PW?

Hi, I am a total newbie - this is my first response here! For me, when I visualize something, as per the PW instructions (or for anything) I imagine that the conversation is actually happening. So I don't actually imagine that my POI (my husband) is talking about something that we are doing or are going to DO - I have him tell me what I want him to tell me. In our case, he has to tell me he is sorry for what he did and ask me to take him back!
But let's say I wanted to visualize him lying next to me, I'd do that - then I visualize him asking me where we should go for coffee, the way he has a million times - "left or right?" (referring to which coffee shop). I only visualize (and see/hear/feel in my mind) things that are completely realistic.
Does that help?

2/16/2018 2:56 pm  #3

Re: Do you use future tense or past tense in PW?

Hey, thank you. I always visualise like it is happening now. I mean the phrases you use if they are like "I will tell you to become my wife" or live like if it has already happened and see them say "I'm happy you are my wife". In the book Lanie in her examples uses future tense like "I will ... , I will give you ... so I guess that's the way to go for it future tense phrases that I feel like they are happening now? I really want even more opinions about it.

Last edited by Butterfly8 (2/16/2018 2:59 pm)

Board footera