LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

6/10/2018 7:09 pm  #1

Nevillizing

A few summers ago, before I ever read about any of these techniques, I used to imagine, my POI walking across my deck and down the steps to meet me down at the lake where I would be swimming.  Now I am married and share this house with my husband, but for some reason this just seemed natural to me as the person I like is an avid kayaker.  Anyway, this is when the gentleman started showing an interest in me and we started being paddling partners.

I didn't realize I was Nevillizing at the time because I didn't know who Neville was at the time.

What always struck me was how I could feel the weight of the lake water dripping off my hair and swimsuit, and how clearly I could see him in the very the shirt he always wore to paddle with me.

I got two-three years of almost constant attention from this one visualization before I blew it....lol....being me.

Just thought I'd bring this up (as much as reminder to me) as it might be helpful to others.

Other than the clarity of the feelings....sights, smells, sensations....of the experience, the other thing I remember is that I felt very confident a few years ago....before I gained a few pounds and I let my hair go grey.  I also had a better job.  I felt confident and sexy and smart.....and I could easily place myself in the scene.

And thought that scene never happened exactly as I imagined (he's never been to our lake house), I did get a lot more attention from this young man than I would have otherwise thought possible.  Every time I was with him it was like I needed to pinch myself to see if it was real.  It was that awesome.

Life is good

6/11/2018 12:27 pm  #2

Re: Nevillizing

Isn't that so funny how we'll do it and not even realize those things are connected until we're in the place where we are open to learning about it, and do? I've had a few of those instances myself and never realized the connection until now that I've been really learning about them. It's so much fun!

Also that sounds like a nice little time there, haha.

6/15/2018 10:08 am  #3

Re: Nevillizing

annabelle wrote:

A few summers ago, before I ever read about any of these techniques, I used to imagine, my POI walking across my deck and down the steps to meet me down at the lake where I would be swimming.  Now I am married and share this house with my husband, but for some reason this just seemed natural to me as the person I like is an avid kayaker.  Anyway, this is when the gentleman started showing an interest in me and we started being paddling partners.

I didn't realize I was Nevillizing at the time because I didn't know who Neville was at the time.

What always struck me was how I could feel the weight of the lake water dripping off my hair and swimsuit, and how clearly I could see him in the very the shirt he always wore to paddle with me.

I got two-three years of almost constant attention from this one visualization before I blew it....lol....being me.

Just thought I'd bring this up (as much as reminder to me) as it might be helpful to others.

Other than the clarity of the feelings....sights, smells, sensations....of the experience, the other thing I remember is that I felt very confident a few years ago....before I gained a few pounds and I let my hair go grey.  I also had a better job.  I felt confident and sexy and smart.....and I could easily place myself in the scene.

And thought that scene never happened exactly as I imagined (he's never been to our lake house), I did get a lot more attention from this young man than I would have otherwise thought possible.  Every time I was with him it was like I needed to pinch myself to see if it was real.  It was that awesome.

Life is good

Thank you so much for sharing your story!  I told a story in one of my books about someone I know looking out the window to the neighbor's pool and visualizing and desiring a lifestyle like that of her own.  A loving man, a beautiful home and someone to share the pool (and life) with.  She now has a resort style pool, an adoring husband and a life that few women enjoy.  Why?  The power of dreams and being able to experience them through all of your senses.  It is truly magical!  :-)

Board footera