LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2018 7:59 pm  #1

Hello - I'm new and could use some advice please!

Hello everyone,

I'm really happy to have found this place and first I want to introduce myself and my story a bit. My story is a bit weird and long winded, so please bear with me. And I hope I post in the right section! 

I'm a 32 year old female and my SP and I have been together from loosely 2003 until 2013. I called it a day back then because I had a lot of issues (anxiety disorder) and he had always been a bit more into me than I was into him or so I thought. Back then I was so troubled with my life and he had his own issues that I thought it would be the best if we'd part ways and just remain friends because he longed so much for children etc. that I felt like I was probably interfering with his future too much. I wanted him to be happy.

Well, he wasn't happy at all about our split of course. He kept pleading and begging me for over a year almost constantly and of course - like they all say about LOA - that pushed me away even more. Furthermore I was so focused on my therapy that I felt incredibly pressured and just remained cool although we were in contact weekly. 

In 2014 I began missing him and felt I had done a major mistake in splitting up with him but I talked myself into thinking I had done the right thing and although I had strong feelings and he was still after me, I stood by my word. We should just be friends.

By the end of 2015 I agreed to meet again. We hadn't seen each other since our breakup. It was really nice to see him again, our contact became far more emotional and he told me how important I still was to him, that we could begin new but take it slowly. I, foolishly, said once again we should just be friends and build up trust and then let's see. Meanwhile he had made a chat friend, I'll call her girl No. 1. They had never met but he had very warm feelings towards her and found their relationship special. I felt slightly jealous but again told myself I shouldn't be because we were just friends and acted normal towards him. In May 2016 he asked me to probably start an affair because he "needed sex" but the only woman he could feel something for was me. I declined and told him that would probably only hurt him. 

In August 2016 we met and he told me he had hooked up with another girl, girl No. 2, so to speak but couldn't feel something for her. He said his heart belongs to girl No. 1 ... and me. All of this shattered my beliefs big time. I know it was silly after I rejected him but I was shocked that he was so serious about girl no. 1 and even more so that he had hooked up with a girl he couldn't feel something for. The guy I knew had never done something like that but then again I now know he was just desperate, he had been single for more than 3 years... 

However, from August 2016 our contact faded, he just disappeared and girl no. 1 contacted me to tell me that girl no. 2 had moved in with her son with him. I was shocked! During the summer my feelings for him had become stronger and stronger and I had wanted to talk about it with him. He said he was happy about it and would love to start a new relationship with me, that he would come back to me etc. Furthermore we had been friends and I was just so disappointed that he wouldn't talk with me. 

Our contact went downhill from then on. We met again in August 2017 and he told me he would break up with the girl he was living with if I'd want it because he didn't really love her. I couldn't say "yes, break up with her!" because I felt guilty towards this girl and after all he had been begging me to come back for years. But during the year that had passed I had become fully aware that I still loved him, that I never wanted to lose him and that all my decisions had been wrong. 

In November 2017 we had a short fling, he told me that he had always wanted me and that we could start again but then he disappeared again. He had told me the deepest things but then all of a sudden he said "I want to keep you as a friend, you hurt me too much in the past and you wanted things to be as they are now. You don't love me". 

I was so desperate about all of this and felt like the biggest mess on earth. We haven't seen each other since last year and I miss him everyday, I feel so bad for what I have done... I miss him as a friend and the indeed only man who has ever "got" me...

We've been texting and sometimes phoning (but only every, let's say two or three months), I tried to talk to him but he blocked all serious conversations and kept telling me he would reply about that the other day, which he never does then. 

Two weeks ago I started with PW and I also went NC. Since then he has contacted me but not in the way I would wish he would. I want to meet him, to have a good conversation, real talk and reconciliation, at least as friends but I hope for more. 

The thing is I can't forget all the things that happened in 2016. I don't know if that makes sense to you but he said and done so many things that really hurt me and also girl no. 1 when she contacted me. After girl no. 2 had moved in with him she broke contact with him and he still longs for her because he now thinks she had been his soulmate although he says "but it was never as intense as between you and me but you don't want me, you just think you want me because you think you won't anyone else". This makes me so sad because it's not true. I've been thinking about that too but I could have other men if I'd want to. It also hurts to hear things like that...

So, my main problems are that I feel a bit guilty towards girl no. 2 who is still living with him - although their relationships is quite unhappy and she has left him three times already and while I can imagine that he still loves me and we'll meet again, I feel like he can never truly forgive me for the past. Does anyone have an advice for that?

It's the first NC I really did, I had tried many times but always failed. I feel better since I'm ignoring him (he can call me on my landline if he really wants to talk, I also told him in my last message if he needs to talk or anything happens to him (he had been admitted to hospital in November), he can always contact me but that I feel like we have lost each other and I'm really sad about it but it doesn't make sense to be in contact (especially as he never wants to meet me although he says so sometimes but if I check for a date he doesn't have time or doesn't reply etc. - but I didn't write that in my final message). So, almost three weeks with no contact has healed me a bit although there are still down days where I want to cry my heart out and feel as depressed as if someone had died or my life is over. I work on that and I do EFT which really helped me concerning my depression that I have been suffering from about two years now (it started shortly before he hooked up with this girl).

I really feel like I have attracted all of this and someone who's into LOA told me at least his manifestation has become true, haha. Because I know he has visualized and manifested me for year unconsciously, he even RSed me (without knowing what it is) and when he did let go he got me big time. LOL. But now I want him too! I've always loved him but now I can see him as the father of my children. I had commitment issues and I feel so bad for wasting so many years and rejecting him. I've hurt him so much... I often feel a certain sadness from him when I do BW but I want him to be happy. How can I get rid of the sadness, his and mine?

I would be very happy for any advice in my situation - is NC even correct in our situation? I had tried to communicate with him totally normal but I always expected something else. He's not very well and I tried to be his friend but my feelings for him are strong and it hurts too much if he says he's vacationing with his girlfriends for example...

PS: English is not my first language, so please excuse my mistakes!

Last edited by Cahira (7/30/2018 8:01 pm)

7/31/2018 11:08 am  #2

Re: Hello - I'm new and could use some advice please!

Welcome Cahira! I'm so glad that you've joined us as well! By the way, I think your English was just fine! I would continue with NC. You said it yourself that you feel hurt when you contact him and he has other plans with the girlfriend. Why would you want to keep opening yourself up to that hurt? I know it is easier said than done. You need to learn to forgive yourself. You made a decision that you felt was best for yourself at the time and ended the relationship. There is nothing wrong with that and you should not regret it, though I can understand why you are struggling with this. Right now, you have to increase your self-love. He seems to harbor some anger towards you for ending things. I believe that this may be why he seems so wishy washy in regards to his feelings for you even though he is in a relationship. I would strongly recommend working on self-love and knowing that you can be happy regardless of the outcome. That is when your breakthrough will happen! As long as you are struggling with letting go of the past or pining away for him etc., there will be resistance and it will end up pushing him further away from you. Use your wonderful heart energy to send him lots of love and have no expectations of receiving anything in return. It will be so powerful and  you will feel so great in doing it that. Once you start to shift the energy from him to you, you will raise your energy and he will feel it as you connect with him. That is what will draw him to you. No matter what, know that he is receiving your messages. I think maybe instead of BWD that I would do PW in your situation and just focus on sending him loving energy and thoughts. He could be feeling conflicted by the passion he is feeling. PW will help you strengthen your love and connection with him. 

Sending you lots of love! 

7/31/2018 11:36 am  #3

^ you explained that beautifully!

7/31/2018 5:18 pm  #4

BelleFleur wrote:

^ you explained that beautifully!

Thank you! It's funny because when i wasn't feeling like i was making any progress, I wondered if i was doing things wrong, etc. But when i responded to her post, I knew that i had absorbed everything that i read and truly believed in it!

7/31/2018 7:03 pm  #5

Thank you Angelfire for your warm welcome, insightful reply and the compliment! 

It's really so great to share these things and get some encouragement and new perspectives from others! I had often heard about how important it is to forgive oneself but I never knew how... What you wrote made sense - it was the best - for us both - I could think of at that time. I really realize that there's quite a lack of self love in me indeed (for ages, I believe) and I'm working on it. I really love the tapping/EFT method Lanie introduced to me in her books. I had tried self love meditations or mantras but I couldn't hold on to them, sometimes I even felt more miserable afterwards. I do the tapping and affirmations with my eyes closed and somehow this puts me far more easily in a positive and meditative place. It just feels sooo good and it's my way to get relax and even visualize what I wish for. 

And yeap,  there's a big resistance. I've managed to push him away from at least weekly contact, a short but very loving "fling" in November to basically no contact and if very very impersonal contact from February/March on until now. The exception was his call for my birthday in May. We talked for two hours and it was like in the old days, fun and easy and loving. He even told me he likes me so much but that he's sorry he just can't bear anything at the moment (he's ill since last November). 

I've foolishly tried to built up a relationship of deep trust in 2015/16 when it came from a fear of losing him (in November 2015 when we first met after years I felt as if something was different and as I had been sad and desperate about other things I kept over-analyzing until our relationship became indeed rather cool and the disaster followed) on the outside. Now I know I can only create that in my inner world and don't even need to talk to him. 

I know it works. I tried it for a cat. I got my cat last December and he was terrible shy, he just didn't like to be touched at all, would hiss or hit people etc. People told me I should give up on him but I decided: no, he will be a normal and happy cat. There were times, weeks and months that followed where I doubted it sometimes but I decided again: nope, he will be perfectly fine and happy. I had experience with stray cats that never were socialized but believe me none of them was such a "tough" case like this one. And only four weeks ago all of a sudden this cat comes to me and starts to purr! From then on he became totally lovely and happy and self confident and he's exactly as I had imagined him! 

But for my guy there's truly a lot resistance that I have to lose. For example, I try to trust in him and think positive but I catch myself arguing with him in my mind. But I have to say since I went NC I get more and more relaxed and the imagination that we will find each other somehow, pictures of us enjoying traveling or raising a child together come to me more easily. 

Today I sent him love three times (normally I only do it once a day) and it just felt so good. I felt a warmness between us and he smiled which made me happy. I imagined him forgiving me and me forgiving him and we hugged for a long time. Especially as he's not feeling well at the moment I want to send him unconditional love, were it not for my down days. And they're really dark when they come but thankfully they become less and less.

Oh, and BWD was a typo. So far I've only done PW because I know he's sexually attracted to me anyway but I want to focus on the true love connection far more. 

Thanks again for your reply and I'll probably be back here with question or hopefully successes to tell! Love and light to you and everyone reading this too! 

7/31/2018 8:47 pm  #6

Cahira wrote:

I know it works. I tried it for a cat. I got my cat last December and he was terrible shy, he just didn't like to be touched at all, would hiss or hit people etc. People told me I should give up on him but I decided: no, he will be a normal and happy cat. There were times, weeks and months that followed where I doubted it sometimes but I decided again: nope, he will be perfectly fine and happy. I had experience with stray cats that never were socialized but believe me none of them was such a "tough" case like this one. And only four weeks ago all of a sudden this cat comes to me and starts to purr! From then on he became totally lovely and happy and self confident and he's exactly as I had imagined him! 

But for my guy there's truly a lot resistance that I have to lose. For example, I try to trust in him and think positive but I catch myself arguing with him in my mind. But I have to say since I went NC I get more and more relaxed and the imagination that we will find each other somehow, pictures of us enjoying traveling or raising a child together come to me more easily.

This reminds me of a story from Neville Goddard's Seedtime and Harvest.  A woman had a sick cat and he told her to imagine him well.  Well, the cat recovered and lived several more years.  I was just bitching and complaining about men (including my POI) and your post reminded me of that story and how powerful we can be.  It helped me to snap out of it so thank you!  We can plant positive seeds in a person but it's hard because we keep going back to the behavior that we're used to getting.  Tonight I will script him as I want him to be and hopefully that will raise my vibe.

8/01/2018 12:26 am  #7

BelleFleur wrote:

Cahira wrote:

This reminds me of a story from Neville Goddard's Seedtime and Harvest.  A woman had a sick cat and he told her to imagine him well.  Well, the cat recovered and lived several more years.  I was just bitching and complaining about men (including my POI) and your post reminded me of that story and how powerful we can be.  It helped me to snap out of it so thank you!  We can plant positive seeds in a person but it's hard because we keep going back to the behavior that we're used to getting.  Tonight I will script him as I want him to be and hopefully that will raise my vibe.

In regards to the complaining, I've noticed that I'm more choosy of the friends that I talk to on daily basis. Before reading Lanie's books, I would pick up the phone and vent about my relationship problems to whoever would listen.That made me feel better but the conversation usually ended up being filled with complaining and negativity. Now, I know there are only a few select friends that I can talk to without being pulled into their negative energy.

8/01/2018 6:26 pm  #8

BelleFleur wrote:

Cahira wrote:

You're very welcome, I'm very happy when someone finds something useful and encouraging in what I write. 

It really is like that. I sometimes (my nagging rational mind) think "yeah, it works with a cat" or "yeah, it works with a certain situation re my job" but "not with people, not with him". Which is nonsense. It works for everything. Anything is possible, we just have to work on our beliefs.  I wish you lots of good energy to raise your vibe! 

8/05/2018 5:57 pm  #9

So, I'm using the technique and am on 3 weeks of no contact today. So far I would say I have improved greatly. I just felt very good and trusting and that almost 3 weeks in a row with little down phases but today I'm having quite a low point and I thought I'd share my thoughts in the hope someone could give me advice on how to eliminate them or what to do and think. I'd be so grateful for any advice.

To truly remain on NC and focus on good things I have kept my phone switched off for 3 weeks now and avoided all social media. I had been stalking social media for a long while and it had made me feel incredibly bad. These 3 weeks have been a real recovery but I can't let my phone switched off much longer. For my family and two best friends I was available via landline but I do have other contacts that I only communicate with via Whatsapp. I do think many must already be a bit cross with me because I disappeared just like that but honestly I needed it. However, today or tomorrow morning is the day where I need to re-activate my social media life - but I'm today quite afraid of what my reaction will be when I see that my SP hasn't reached out. Plus, very negative thoughts are trying to conquer my mind for a few hours now - like when he said in January that what happened between us "was years ago. I want to keep you as a friend". I'm starting to think he may have just move on and I should too (but I believe I can't love any other man right now or anywhere soon) and all these self-sabotaging thoughts. 

All these days and weeks I could deal with them quite easily. Also, when I thought about not having a message by him I told myself "no problem, he will contact you again somewhere" but at the moment I'm really quite sad and desperate. I do have some hormonal stuff going on right now which may be the reason for this and I don't want to think about such things. I find myself being disappointed about myself because I should trust more and truly believe it. But I'm quite anxious at the moment. 

8/05/2018 6:27 pm  #10

Thank you hermeshorse!

Really appreciated. He's in a relationship with another woman currently and for two years now. I guess August is a trigger month for me because that's when they got together and to me it seems like just yesterday (I sometimes feel like a loony because I'm still not over it after SUCH a long time). In my PW I imagine him thinking about me, missing me and looking at her like "she's not Cahira" etc. So thank you so much for your suggestions, sometimes I really am not so creative in coming up with what he could think instead of the nonsense that comes to my mind. 

And I know Agnes'/Neville's everyone is you pushed out. Thank you for reminding me. Pheeew, I really really hate these moments. In the morning I was so happy and felt as if he would come to me any minute and now this. 

Last edited by Cahira (8/05/2018 10:06 pm)

Board footera