LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/29/2018 3:37 pm  #1

Broke NC. Can this be fixed?

He's not an ex. We were friends who had an office fling and I changed jobs a month ago. Since I left, he'd been distant. I was always initiating texts. He always responded right away, but I got tired of always initiating, so I didn't contact him for 3 1/2 weeks. Until today. Sigh. Today, I texted him "Good morning! How are you/work?". No reply and it appears his phone is off. I feel so weak, broken and foolish. 

Can this still be fixed? What should I do? Just continue with my morning PW and evening BWD sessions as usual?

Please help.

Thanks, ladies. 

8/29/2018 9:23 pm  #2

Re: Broke NC. Can this be fixed?

SecretPrincess007 wrote:

He's not an ex. We were friends who had an office fling and I changed jobs a month ago. Since I left, he'd been distant. I was always initiating texts. He always responded right away, but I got tired of always initiating, so I didn't contact him for 3 1/2 weeks. Until today. Sigh. Today, I texted him "Good morning! How are you/work?". No reply and it appears his phone is off. I feel so weak, broken and foolish. 

Can this still be fixed? What should I do? Just continue with my morning PW and evening BWD sessions as usual?

Please help.

Thanks, ladies. 

Anything can be fixed, but you must first believe it can. And, perhaps you should not fuck with his head as that can just push him away further.

9/05/2018 4:02 pm  #3

Piper wrote:

SecretPrincess007 wrote:

Please help.

Thanks, ladies. 

Anything can be fixed, but you must first believe it can. And, perhaps you should not fuck with his head as that can just push him away further.

Thank you, Piper. This morning, I decided to detach. I have to work on my belief, for sure.

9/05/2018 4:14 pm  #4

Samarkande2 wrote:

Thinking about it, Piper is probably right. It all depends on how attached you are to him and how his reaction has been towards you if he's seen you in person.

The thought behind that text was as if you'd sent the text in error.

Probably best not to do that after all. It may well be that he is travelling and his phone is off and that is all. 

Why feel, weak broken and foolish? 

What  was your motivation to contact him? Think about it, was it to do with you or with him - if it's to do with you, you will need to leave it and think about why you have to keep poking the bear to see if it's still sleeping.

If there was some valid reason you felt there was something with him, then you might want to consider what prompted you, because if that is what you wrote it's fairly innocuous. Is it something you have written before,  exact words, in which case, in your mind you revise it to the text equivalent of the pocket dial.

It happens, I have received them and they've often made no sense.

Revise in your mind and carry on.

Thanks, Samarkande2. I knew what you meant. I just don't want to play games with him, and I feel like that's what he's doing though this seems out of character for him. In person, he was always friendly, open and cheerful around me. Highly attentive. I was just sending the typical kind of text we had always sent each other: "Hey. How's work today?" "Hope you're having a good day". Totally harmless. I guess I just feel stupid and weak because he didn't respond and since I left that place of employment, I had been initiating all contact. That was a week ago, and still no reply.

I did Lanie's "Cutting The Cord" meditation this morning, and I must say, it was very empowering. Then, all day today, I've had random visions of him with a sad face. I immediately put him out of my mind when this happens.

I'll see if there's a change and will update the forum.

Thanks, again.

9/05/2018 6:30 pm  #5

NO situation is irredeemable...you just have to believe that. 

Board footera