LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

10/06/2019 8:15 am  #1

Struggling meditating with guided meditations

Hello all, 

I have read both PW and Manifesting Love (I also have Miracle Mindset, which I have just started reading) and have bought the guided meditation bundles for both PW and ML. My problem is, even with the guided meditations I can't seem to get into that alpha state. I feel too aware. And I almost panic when it gets to his part of talking, like I'm over thinking. I always feel like I've done the meditation wrong after doing it, as I'm too aware the whole time and even get distracted. Could anyone offer some advice on how to meditate better/get in the right state?

I find I can easily imagine stuff more realistically with my eyes open when I'm just staring at something absent mindedly - could I use that time to do the visualisations instead? Perhaps unguided? I can definitely feel more emotion that way. My frustration of not being able to meditate like everyone can is bringing me down a little..

11/06/2019 8:40 pm  #2

Re: Struggling meditating with guided meditations

You can definitely meditate with your eyes open.  I truly feel all the meditations are a guide to an extent and you have to do what is right for you. 
When it comes to him talking, just think of one or two things you’d like him to express to you and let it go from there. Even have him repeat it a few times.

11/08/2019 1:26 pm  #3

Re: Struggling meditating with guided meditations

I think you're placing too much importance on the outcome so you have anxiety when meditating.  If it isn't working right now for you then just practice with your eyes open. If you will just allow yourself to relax and listen you automatically go into the alpha state.  Also, don't think about what you're going to say to him and let it flow naturally.  :-) 

Board footera