LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/13/2021 3:37 pm  #1

Need some encouragement

So I need some encouragement. I truly believe my ex and I are meant for each other.
I'll start with a little history. We are long distance he lives near KC, Missouri and I live in Toronto. We are both knife throwers and that is how we met back in 2019. We were at a throw and 4 of us went out to dinner and really bared our souls. I had been out of a long term relationship for about a year at that point and Matthew was married but thinking of leaving his wife as he wasn't happy. After the throw we talked every once and a while on the phone and flirted a bit. We finally got together in September of 2019 when he was in the process of leaving his wife. I would go down and visit him and we would go to throws even during COVID lockdowns. It was amazing we had fun together we shared things we had never shared with anyone. So much love he even asked me to marry him early on but I told him he wasn't ready as he had just go out of a marriage. It was perfect not easy because of the distance but amazing. Fast forward to May of 2021 and it turns out he slept with someone. He was lonely and broke it off with me a week after he slept with her as he didn't want to lie to me or be with 2 women.
The day after the breakup he sent me a picture of him crying telling me how hard it was. I did not see this coming we were perfect I thought and a couple weeks after the breakup I phoned him. He had sent me messages telling me how wonderful I was and hoping we could be friends. About a month after the breakup he video called me late at night and I picked up we talked for about an hour. He kept telling me how sexy I was and how the woman he is now with didn't get him like I did. Apparently she flipped out after he told her he didn't want to get married again (after only a month). He also told me he called her by name during sex. I told him he obviously still had feelings for me but didn't push him - I was still trying to recover. I have not contacted him it has always been him. So even through he seems to have doubts about this relationship he is still in it. He is stubborn.
At the time I wasn't doing any of the techniques. I started a few weeks ago. I actually saw him this past weekend at a throw and it was awkward all I wanted to do was touch him but I didn't.
I am going to keep doing the techniques because I truly believe we are meant for each other I am just not sure how to stop obsessing about him. I think about him all the time. Don't get me wrong I take care of myself. I have never been a person who needed a man to complete me but there is just something about Matthew that makes it different.
Also I am not very good at visualization any tips? I feel the emotions for sure.
I am not sure if I should just give up I love him but the distance is hard to overcome.

Board footera