LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/21/2016 8:08 am  #1

Disturbing...but an accurate example

What I am about to say is something that has stood out to me every since I saw it.  Have any of you ever watched the show "Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn" that comes on vh1? Well if you have..then you already know that Sister Patterson was NOT someone to play with.  Mostly everyone in the house thought she was crazy...(And I won't argue that she wasn't lol)...she was controlling and not receptive to therapy AT ALL.  She was there for her relationship with her daughter, Tiffany (we all know her as New York) to strengthen their relationship.  Sister Patterson was extremely dominating of Tiffany..and would not let her live her life (sit tight...I'm going somewhere with this, I promise lol).  There is little background on who Sister Patterson and Tiffany are before I make my point.
Now to the disturbing part and the point.  While on the show, Tiffany discovered she was pregnant.  She was VERY happy about the pregnancy.  As a matter of fact, everyone was...except for Sister Patterson.  Sister Patterson had it in her mind...and very strongly may I add...that Tiffany was not going to have a baby.  It was the only thing she seemed oddly calm about.  And it didn't matter WHAT was going on..she never changed her belief.  When Tiffany cried to her and yelled at her to accept the pregnancy...she calmly said "you are not pregnant"...when tiffany was taken to the hospital..they gave her an ultrasound right in front of Sister Patterson...they showed her the baby's heartbeat and EVERYTHING...Tiffany just KNEW that would convince her mother...but her mother calmly said "There is no baby in there." Even AFTER seeing the heartbeat!! Hello?!  Tiffany again expressed how hurt she was that her mother didnt believe she was pregnant...she said "why can't you be happy for me?"  Sister Patterson said ever so calmly "I am happy...I'm happy that you believe you are pregnant...but you aren't"...WOW! The cast threw Tiffany a surprise baby shower and gave her all these lovely baby gifts...and her mother looked at it all and said "these gifts are beautiful...too bad there isn't a baby"...i mean...she held on to that belief NO MATTER WHAT was going on...and guess what ended up happening?!?

You guessed it....Tiffany LOST the baby!  She had a miscarriage.  It BAFFLES me how NO ONE put two and two together!  No one seems to get that Sister Patterson's strong belief that there was no baby or that Tiffany was not going to have a baby was the cause of the miscarriage!

It's disturbing just how strong her belief was...I've had a miscarriage before and it's NOT fun AT ALL.  BUT is it wrong to say that as NUTS as Sister Patterson is...we could learn a lesson from her?! Talk about walking by faith and not by sight!!!  She simply did NOT accept what she saw...and held on to what SHE believed..and it resulted in her ultimately being right about Tiffany not having a baby. 

The point is..we should take a lesson from Sister Patterson and flip it towards a LOVING result.  It kind of goes along with what Neville Goddard says...simply hear what you desire to hear and nothing else..."that's not what I heard you say" is a good one that i have seen people use.  Simply IGNORE what you don't desire...and no matter WHAT is going on...persist in what you desire.  Sister Pattersonm SAW an ULTRASOUND...she SAW the heartbeat!!!  We all were like "omg she's nuts! Can't she see that girl is pregnant?!"  but that's not what Sister Patterson wanted to see...so she simply didnt see it. 

Even if everything on the outside of you says "girl GIVE UP...he's GONE" simply don't pay attention to that.  Just calmly say "if it helps him sleep better at night to think he's gotten rid of me....that's fine..but he's STILL mine" and go on about your business lol. 

Please don't think I am crazy (even though I admit that I am JUST a little)...i just haven't witnessed anyone practice THAT kind of faith in a long time...And although I do not agree in what she used it for.  I do think the faith itself is worth paying attention to...I'm taking the meat and leaving the bones and sharing that meat with u.  What do you guys think?....

Last edited by Shawneegirl1980 (7/21/2016 8:59 am)

7/21/2016 8:15 am  #2

Re: Disturbing...but an accurate example

Shawneegirl1980 wrote:

What I am about to say is something that has stood out to me every since I saw it. Have any of you ever watched the show "Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn" that comes on vh1? Well if you have..then you already know that Sister Patterson was NOT someone to play with. Mostly everyone in the house thought she was crazy...(And I won't argue that she wasn't lol)...she was controlling and not receptive to therapy AT ALL. She was there for her relationship with her daughter, Tiffany (we all know her as New York) to strengthen their relationship. Sister Patterson was extremely dominating of Tiffany..and would not let her live her life (sit tight...I'm going somewhere with this, I promise lol). There is little background on who Sister Patterson and Tiffany are before I make my point.
Now to the disturbing part and the point. While on the show, Tiffany discovered she was pregnant. She was VERY happy about the pregnancy. As a matter of fact, everyone was...except for Sister Patterson. Sister Patterson had it in her mind...and very strongly may I add...that Tiffany was not going to have a baby. It was the only thing she seemed oddly calm about. And it didn't matter WHAT was going on..she never changed her belief. When Tiffany cried to her and yelled at her to accept the pregnancy...she calmly said "you are not pregnant"...when tiffany was taken to the hospital..they gave her an ultrasound right in front of Sister Patterson...they showed her the baby's heartbeat and EVERYTHING...Tiffany just KNEW that would convince her mother...but her mother calmly said "There is no baby in there." Even AFTER seeing the heartbeat!! Hello?! Tiffany again expressed how hurt she was that her mother didnt believem she was pregnant...she said "why can't you be happy for me?" Sister Patterson said ever so calmly "I am happy...I'm happy that you believe you are pregnant...but you aren't"...WOW! The cast threw Tiffany a surprise baby shower and gave her all these lovely baby gifts...and her mother looked at it all and said "these gifts are beautiful...too bad there isn't a baby"...i mean...she held on to that belief NO MATTER WHAT was going on...and guess what ended up happening?!?

You guessed it....Tiffany LOST the baby! She had a miscarriage. It BAFFLES me how NO ONE put two and two together! No one seems to get that Sister Patterson's strong belief that there was no baby or that Tiffany was not going to have a baby was the cause of the miscarriage!

It's disturbing just how strong her belief was...I've had a miscarriage before and it's NOT fun AT ALL. BUT is it wrong to say that as NUTS as Sister Patterson is...we could learn a lesson from her?! Talk about walking by faith and not by sight!!! She simply did NOT accept what she saw...and held on to what SHE believed..and it resulted in her ultimately being right about Tiffany not having a baby.

The point is..we should take a lesson from Sister Patterson and flip it towards a LOVING result. It kind of goes along with what Neville Goddard says...simply hear what you desire to hear and nothing else..."that's not what I heard you say" is a good one that i have seen people use. Simply IGNORE what you don't desire...and no matter WHAT is going on...persist in what you desire. Sister Pattersonm SAW an ULTRASOUND...she SAW the heartbeat!!! We all were like "omg she's nuts! Can't she see that girl is pregnant?!" but that's not what Sister Patterson wanted to see...so she simply didnt see it.

Even if everything on the outside of you says "girl GIVE UP...he's GONE" simply don't pay attention to that. Just calmly say "if it helps him sleep better at night to think he's gotten rid of me....that's fine..but he's STILL mine" and go on about your business lol.

Please don't think I am crazy (even though I admit that I am JUST a little)...i just haven't witnessed anyone practice THAT kind of faith in a long time...And although I do not agree in what she used it for. I do think the faith itself is worth paying attention to...I'm taking the meat and leaving the bones and sharing that meat with u. What do you guys think?....

I absolutely freaking love this.. WOW, She denied reality..thank you so much for posting this.
this right here is the bomb

Blessed Is She Who Believed

7/21/2016 8:18 am  #3

Oh i thought you guys would think I was nuts lol But Thats EXACTLY the point i was trying to make....u hit the nail on the head....

7/21/2016 8:25 am  #4

I will print this story to read it if necessary.
Thank you very much!

He is on his way. It is inevitable. 

7/21/2016 8:27 am  #5

Jim Chien Beige wrote:

Thank you very much!

Or go to vh1.com and watch a few episodes of the show so you can see exactly what I am talking about...

7/21/2016 8:32 am  #6

Shawneegirl1980 wrote:

Jim Chien Beige wrote:

Thank you very much!

Or go to vh1.com and watch a few episodes of the show so you can see exactly what I am talking about...

I live in Mexico but I'll look for them on YouTube

He is on his way. It is inevitable. 

7/21/2016 8:35 am  #7

Jim Chien Beige wrote:

Shawneegirl1980 wrote:

Jim Chien Beige wrote:

Thank you very much!

I live in Mexico but I'll look for them on YouTube

Yes look up sister Patterson on youtube.  If you have access to the internet...you should still be able to go to vh1.com though...

7/21/2016 8:37 am  #8

This is freaking amazing!! Girl you are not crazy. Thanks for sharing it.

7/21/2016 8:38 am  #9

scarlet wrote:

This is freaking amazing!! Girl you are not crazy. Thanks for sharing it.

Lol just wanted to make sure I wasn't nuts lol.  I'm glad this helps!

7/21/2016 8:40 am  #10

Cheriesymone wrote:

Shawneegirl1980 wrote:

What I am about to say is something that has stood out to me every since I saw it. Have any of you ever watched the show "Family Therapy with Dr. Jenn" that comes on vh1? Well if you have..then you already know that Sister Patterson was NOT someone to play with. Mostly everyone in the house thought she was crazy...(And I won't argue that she wasn't lol)...she was controlling and not receptive to therapy AT ALL. She was there for her relationship with her daughter, Tiffany (we all know her as New York) to strengthen their relationship. Sister Patterson was extremely dominating of Tiffany..and would not let her live her life (sit tight...I'm going somewhere with this, I promise lol). There is little background on who Sister Patterson and Tiffany are before I make my point.
Now to the disturbing part and the point. While on the show, Tiffany discovered she was pregnant. She was VERY happy about the pregnancy. As a matter of fact, everyone was...except for Sister Patterson. Sister Patterson had it in her mind...and very strongly may I add...that Tiffany was not going to have a baby. It was the only thing she seemed oddly calm about. And it didn't matter WHAT was going on..she never changed her belief. When Tiffany cried to her and yelled at her to accept the pregnancy...she calmly said "you are not pregnant"...when tiffany was taken to the hospital..they gave her an ultrasound right in front of Sister Patterson...they showed her the baby's heartbeat and EVERYTHING...Tiffany just KNEW that would convince her mother...but her mother calmly said "There is no baby in there." Even AFTER seeing the heartbeat!! Hello?! Tiffany again expressed how hurt she was that her mother didnt believem she was pregnant...she said "why can't you be happy for me?" Sister Patterson said ever so calmly "I am happy...I'm happy that you believe you are pregnant...but you aren't"...WOW! The cast threw Tiffany a surprise baby shower and gave her all these lovely baby gifts...and her mother looked at it all and said "these gifts are beautiful...too bad there isn't a baby"...i mean...she held on to that belief NO MATTER WHAT was going on...and guess what ended up happening?!?

You guessed it....Tiffany LOST the baby! She had a miscarriage. It BAFFLES me how NO ONE put two and two together! No one seems to get that Sister Patterson's strong belief that there was no baby or that Tiffany was not going to have a baby was the cause of the miscarriage!

It's disturbing just how strong her belief was...I've had a miscarriage before and it's NOT fun AT ALL. BUT is it wrong to say that as NUTS as Sister Patterson is...we could learn a lesson from her?! Talk about walking by faith and not by sight!!! She simply did NOT accept what she saw...and held on to what SHE believed..and it resulted in her ultimately being right about Tiffany not having a baby.

The point is..we should take a lesson from Sister Patterson and flip it towards a LOVING result. It kind of goes along with what Neville Goddard says...simply hear what you desire to hear and nothing else..."that's not what I heard you say" is a good one that i have seen people use. Simply IGNORE what you don't desire...and no matter WHAT is going on...persist in what you desire. Sister Pattersonm SAW an ULTRASOUND...she SAW the heartbeat!!! We all were like "omg she's nuts! Can't she see that girl is pregnant?!" but that's not what Sister Patterson wanted to see...so she simply didnt see it.

Even if everything on the outside of you says "girl GIVE UP...he's GONE" simply don't pay attention to that. Just calmly say "if it helps him sleep better at night to think he's gotten rid of me....that's fine..but he's STILL mine" and go on about your business lol.

Please don't think I am crazy (even though I admit that I am JUST a little)...i just haven't witnessed anyone practice THAT kind of faith in a long time...And although I do not agree in what she used it for. I do think the faith itself is worth paying attention to...I'm taking the meat and leaving the bones and sharing that meat with u. What do you guys think?....

I absolutely freaking love this.. WOW, She denied reality..thank you so much for posting this.
this right here is the bomb

This is exactly what Neville Goddard spoke about, deny everything that doesn't conform to your BELIEF
I remember a story Neville told, about a man who wanted a limited edition music collection..(something of the sort)
the man did his visualization where he went to the store, (he had been to the store before so he knew the sales clerk) in his imagination he walked up the clerk and ask for the cd and the clerk said yes we have it) The man believed what he imagined to be that. One day he walked in the store walked up to the clerk, and asked for the cd. the clerk replied no we don't have that. THE MAN SAID, MMMH THATS WEIRD THATS NOT WHAT I HEARD YOU TELL ME. lol. he walked away from the clerk and few minutes later the clerk called out to him "sir, I am sorry we do have that CD, I just found it. Haha

Blessed Is She Who Believed

Board footera