LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/31/2016 10:10 am  #1

What is letting go mean?

I started this topic after reading Kscmack question about detachment in a thread. I could have posted there but I guess lot of new members have this confusion about DETACHMENT & LETTING GO, so I'm starting a separate thread for it & other members are also invited to clarify if they have different views on it.😊
I'm extremely sorry if same topic has created before...😊

Lot of people are scared to let go because they think letting go means forget the desire or their love. So FIRST you need to understand, ALL OF YOU, that LETTING GO doesn't mean to forget your desire, so you don't have to be fearful about it.

LETTING GO simply means LET GO OF ALL YOUR WORRIES, FEAR OR ANY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS/EMOTIONS which is holding you back. These negative thoughts hinder your progress and create delay in your manifestation. When you go out for lunch, you place your order & sit there comfortably knowing that order will be at your table soon. You don't run to them to know if they're preparing your food or not, you don't question them how would they prepare it or if they could do that in time..😜... You don't doubt on their abilities, you don't leave the restaurant just by assuming that 'oh you can't have your order'...Do you?
OFCOURSE NOT. Because you know you have placed your order for which you're paying too & Now it's their responsibility to deliver your order. Similarly, when you PLACE YOUR DESIRE, you should not get upset, you should not let your doubts creep in because it hinders your progress.

When you visualize your desire either as PW/BWD or other scenarios, you feel it inside first, Right?
You feel it as it has already come true and you're living it in present. For eg : you want to attract a Mate. You visualize every night that you're married to your dream partner & enjoying your life with them....this is END RESULT. You're living your desire through visualization & you feel it SO REAL, you FEEL STRONG EMOTIONS OF JOY, HAPPINESS that your SUBCONCIOUS considers it true. It doesn't argue further because it is feeling the satisfaction already of having the MATE for which it was craving for. It doesn't feel lack anymore because it is feeling all those TRUE EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW which will be felt by it in future. So you would also feel satisfaction of WISH-FULLFILLED. You no longer seek signs & crave for your desire because you're already SATISFIED, knowing it's coming. You already know how it would feel. You already have enjoyed those moments in your visualization so you feel immense love for your Mate. You feel loved by your Mate. You feel CONFIDENT, LOVE, & SATISFACTION... So you focus on yourself. You enjoy your life, you enjoy your work & get busy in that. You don't think about your Mate all the time because you're already satisfied. THAT IS DETACHMENT.

For eg : See how kids behave all the time. They want something & keep telling to everyone that what they would do after having that particular thing. They don't hide their excitement because they already have plans for their desire and they feel it inside first. I have a cute little nephew. He tells me what he wants on Christmas or on his Birthday. Everytime I visit them, he tells me his plans that what he would do after getting that particular toy 😊 and he always manifests it lol. He doesn't sit and keeps thinking about it all the time instead he plays, he watches his favorite cartoons & gets busy..you know kids, they always find something to keep them occupied lol. THAT IS DETACHMENT. They want it, but they don't dwell upon it.

DETACHMENT is higher emotion but attachment comes with lower emotions. If their actions affecting you, you're attached. Your happiness shouldn't depend on them...if they talk to you, you get happy...if they don't... You become sad...NO.
Don't do that. Remember how you both met? How you both attracted towards each other? Before meeting them, were you thinking 'oh what he's doing, oh he hasn't called me up yet?' ....OFCOURSE NOT. You were enjoying your life. YOU WERE DETACHED. When you had your first date, you were so happy and did your best to look great & sexy. You were not sad at all, instead you were imagining your good moments with him, you were imagining his first touch, his smile and spending time together. THIS WAS DETACHMENT. This detachment created passion between you & you both attracted towards each other.

Then after few months, you began to overanalyze things, you overanalyze his every action & words. He meets you, you get Happy...he doesn't talk, you become sad. THAT IS ATTACHMENT. This attachment sends wrong signals. They can sense your desperation subconsciously & it cause them to run from you. Keep ringing someone for hours, they won't never call you back...keep asking same question to someone, after few minutes...they would try to run...because nobody wants to be around someone like that.

ONE IMPORTANT THING : WHATEVER YOU THINK, IDEAS FOR BUSINESS, THOUGHTS ABOUT YOUR LOVE, YOUR CAR, ANYTHING...IT ALWAYS PICKS UP BY SOMEONE ELSE AS YOU PICK UP SOMEONE'S THOUGHTS OR IDEAS. We mentally affect each others either intentionally or unintentionally... Either you know about PW/BWD or not. The only difference is if we know the technique, we can use it in our favour. So if you're thinking in negative way about your love, they're picking it subconsciously & they will get distant from you if you keep thinking that way.
But if you think about them in positive way like thinking about your good times with them, they will also pick that too & come closer to you. So better thinking in a positive way instead of thinking negatively.😊

We are here to LEARN DETACHMENT. We go through many relationships & face the same issues over & over again because we don't learn DETACHMENT. We are here because we are too sensitive, emotional & soft- hearted. I have seen lot of people who don't practice LOA but still they attract everything in their life because they already know how to detach...selfish & careless people (no offense) are very good attracting things quickly. So LEARN DETACHMENT.
Simple way is...do visualization, feel it real inside and find something which can make you occupied for hours that you don't get time to think about your desire.

To understand it correctly Go through some NEVILLE'S book. Nothing is better than that. If you read other books, it would just create more confusions on your side. So I suggest read some books of Neville's.

8/31/2016 10:51 am  #2

Re: What is letting go mean?

Thank you, Thank you, ThankΒ you. Β  I needed to read these words this morning.Β 

8/31/2016 11:50 am  #3

Thank you for starting this thread. I think this is by far the hardest part of manifestation.

Some teachings tell you to go distract yourself and not to think about the thing you want to have anymore (Abraham Hicks). Others, like Veronica Isles say that you should keep thinking about what you want, but in very positive terms, as the intensity and your insistence gives more energy to the thought so it allows it to come sooner than a weaker energy thought.

This always gets me a little confused.

A few examples for you...
I was at work talking to a lady and she told me about a cottage experience she had. There were coyotes by the cottage and she was telling me how intense their howling was. I thought to myself, that it would be really neat to hear. I've never heard coyotes howling except in movies and nature shows. When I walked away, I forgot about it and didn't think twice. My house backs onto the woods. That night, I woke up with howling. You would have thought the coyotes were in the house. In my years in the neighbourhood, not once did I hear them. Just that night. The thought had next to no intensity, just a thought of curiosity and "oh, wouldn't that be fun..."

With my ex husband (not the man I'm trying to attract), I felt trapped in a fairly loveless, and monotonous relationship. This is well before I knew about LOA. I would on some nights go to bed, and essentially fantasize that he left me (silly enough, I didn't want to be the one to walk out on our family, but that's another story). It took a few years, but I found out that he had been having an affair with someone starting at around the time when I was having these so called fantasies. It took a few years for me to realize and then he left to be with her. Their relationship crumbled, but in essence everyone blamed him for leaving (as did I because I didn't understand what I was doing at the time)...

In any case, even when you have resistance or attachment, things seem to come (just my many experiences). It just seems to take longer. But, if you consistently impress upon the mind, with insistence, it seems to come no matter is what.  The better, more confident you feel, the faster physical reality changes.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this. But, I am certain everything we want is coming. Resistance only effects the time element.

I don't worry too much about things. I look at the emotional scale as a 1-10. The lower on the scale, the worse I feel. I don't need to be a 10 all the time. As long as I'm in the upper half of the scale, I know what I want is on its way. It might take a while, but it's coming. I try to hit a 7-8 consistently and if I can get to a 10, then great. I won't make a fuss for anything on the right side of the scale though. I try to be gentle on myself.

Last edited by DC (8/31/2016 11:59 am)

8/31/2016 11:59 am  #4

WowπŸ‘πŸΌβ€οΈ Another amazing post, Faith thank you so much!

8/31/2016 12:04 pm  #5

This really resonates with me. I have come a very long way with PW and BWD, we really have become best friends the last few months, i could even say we are closer now than we were when we were in a relationship.
The thing is, he has not asked me to be his girlfriend again. And i realised that i am very attached to hearing that 'final part' so to speak. As happy as i am with the bond we now have, i would really really like him to pop the question πŸ˜‰

So, i started to detach...and suddenly all went quiet on his part....what on earth is up with that! We were skyping and texting non stop, him always initiating contact and as soon as i detach it seems to backfire πŸ˜–
Now i am doing my best to not panic, continue doing PW (i actually have more time doing PW when we stop talking πŸ˜†) and to keep detaching and focussing on myself.

Did i just introduce more resistance by trying to have less resistance, or what?

Last edited by Noeshe (8/31/2016 12:14 pm)

8/31/2016 1:32 pm  #6

Thank you so much for this topic, faith!!! You're the best! 😘

8/31/2016 1:45 pm  #7

DC, Love yourself post too, resonates with me!

8/31/2016 1:52 pm  #8

It's really quite confusing though. Many LOA teachers tell us that we should detach from our desire in order to manifest it, best to forget about it completely and let it go. And on the other hand you should do your affirmations, visualizations, work on vision board daily... I always thought there to be a contradiction (still do sometimes) but I'm beginning to feel that by doing the exercises daily it's not about reminding universe of our desires and asking where it is... It's about ourselves getting into the state of really feeling our wish fulfilled. Am I right? But there also is the catch, if we practice our techniques regularly feeling impatient and all, I think they can really backfire.

8/31/2016 5:18 pm  #9

And Faith drops the mic and walks away!!! WOW FAITH, WOW!!!

9/01/2016 1:06 am  #10

Faith wrote:

I started this topic after reading Kscmack question about detachment in a thread. I could have posted there but I guess lot of new members have this confusion about DETACHMENT & LETTING GO, so I'm starting a separate thread for it & other members are also invited to clarify if they have different views on it.😊
I'm extremely sorry if same topic has created before...😊

Lot of people are scared to let go because they think letting go means forget the desire or their love. So FIRST you need to understand, ALL OF YOU, that LETTING GO doesn't mean to forget your desire, so you don't have to be fearful about it.

LETTING GO simply means LET GO OF ALL YOUR WORRIES, FEAR OR ANY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS/EMOTIONS which is holding you back. These negative thoughts hinder your progress and create delay in your manifestation. When you go out for lunch, you place your order & sit there comfortably knowing that order will be at your table soon. You don't run to them to know if they're preparing your food or not, you don't question them how would they prepare it or if they could do that in time..😜... You don't doubt on their abilities, you don't leave the restaurant just by assuming that 'oh you can't have your order'...Do you?
OFCOURSE NOT. Because you know you have placed your order for which you're paying too & Now it's their responsibility to deliver your order. Similarly, when you PLACE YOUR DESIRE, you should not get upset, you should not let your doubts creep in because it hinders your progress.

When you visualize your desire either as PW/BWD or other scenarios, you feel it inside first, Right?
You feel it as it has already come true and you're living it in present. For eg : you want to attract a Mate. You visualize every night that you're married to your dream partner & enjoying your life with them....this is END RESULT. You're living your desire through visualization & you feel it SO REAL, you FEEL STRONG EMOTIONS OF JOY, HAPPINESS that your SUBCONCIOUS considers it true. It doesn't argue further because it is feeling the satisfaction already of having the MATE for which it was craving for. It doesn't feel lack anymore because it is feeling all those TRUE EMOTIONS RIGHT NOW which will be felt by it in future. So you would also feel satisfaction of WISH-FULLFILLED. You no longer seek signs & crave for your desire because you're already SATISFIED, knowing it's coming. You already know how it would feel. You already have enjoyed those moments in your visualization so you feel immense love for your Mate. You feel loved by your Mate. You feel CONFIDENT, LOVE, & SATISFACTION... So you focus on yourself. You enjoy your life, you enjoy your work & get busy in that. You don't think about your Mate all the time because you're already satisfied. THAT IS DETACHMENT.

For eg : See how kids behave all the time. They want something & keep telling to everyone that what they would do after having that particular thing. They don't hide their excitement because they already have plans for their desire and they feel it inside first. I have a cute little nephew. He tells me what he wants on Christmas or on his Birthday. Everytime I visit them, he tells me his plans that what he would do after getting that particular toy 😊 and he always manifests it lol. He doesn't sit and keeps thinking about it all the time instead he plays, he watches his favorite cartoons & gets busy..you know kids, they always find something to keep them occupied lol. THAT IS DETACHMENT. They want it, but they don't dwell upon it.

DETACHMENT is higher emotion but attachment comes with lower emotions. If their actions affecting you, you're attached. Your happiness shouldn't depend on them...if they talk to you, you get happy...if they don't... You become sad...NO.
Don't do that. Remember how you both met? How you both attracted towards each other? Before meeting them, were you thinking 'oh what he's doing, oh he hasn't called me up yet?' ....OFCOURSE NOT. You were enjoying your life. YOU WERE DETACHED. When you had your first date, you were so happy and did your best to look great & sexy. You were not sad at all, instead you were imagining your good moments with him, you were imagining his first touch, his smile and spending time together. THIS WAS DETACHMENT. This detachment created passion between you & you both attracted towards each other.

Then after few months, you began to overanalyze things, you overanalyze his every action & words. He meets you, you get Happy...he doesn't talk, you become sad. THAT IS ATTACHMENT. This attachment sends wrong signals. They can sense your desperation subconsciously & it cause them to run from you. Keep ringing someone for hours, they won't never call you back...keep asking same question to someone, after few minutes...they would try to run...because nobody wants to be around someone like that.

ONE IMPORTANT THING : WHATEVER YOU THINK, IDEAS FOR BUSINESS, THOUGHTS ABOUT YOUR LOVE, YOUR CAR, ANYTHING...IT ALWAYS PICKS UP BY SOMEONE ELSE AS YOU PICK UP SOMEONE'S THOUGHTS OR IDEAS. We mentally affect each others either intentionally or unintentionally... Either you know about PW/BWD or not. The only difference is if we know the technique, we can use it in our favour. So if you're thinking in negative way about your love, they're picking it subconsciously & they will get distant from you if you keep thinking that way.
But if you think about them in positive way like thinking about your good times with them, they will also pick that too & come closer to you. So better thinking in a positive way instead of thinking negatively.😊

We are here to LEARN DETACHMENT. We go through many relationships & face the same issues over & over again because we don't learn DETACHMENT. We are here because we are too sensitive, emotional & soft- hearted. I have seen lot of people who don't practice LOA but still they attract everything in their life because they already know how to detach...selfish & careless people (no offense) are very good attracting things quickly. So LEARN DETACHMENT.
Simple way is...do visualization, feel it real inside and find something which can make you occupied for hours that you don't get time to think about your desire.

To understand it correctly Go through some NEVILLE'S book. Nothing is better than that. If you read other books, it would just create more confusions on your side. So I suggest read some books of Neville's.

Β 
" LIGHT BULB"πŸ’‘ Light bulbs should be going on for everyone that read this!!!πŸ’‘πŸ’‘πŸ’‘πŸ’‘
@Rubybell68 🎀 This is Faith dropping the mic as She's walking away!!!! πŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸ‘πŸΌπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌ
And yes that's me doing the happy dance!!!☺️

Board footera