LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

9/23/2016 1:04 pm  #1

The meaning of "to not let someone of the hook easily"

Some people say if your partner has done something you shouldn't let him/her off the hook easily.
What if they didn't cheat on you or beat you up or anything like that?
For example, you made a mistake ย and you are trying everything you can to fix it. But next time when that topic comes up, your partner taunts you and that hurts and shocks you.
So how to deal with such situations?
Should you stop talking to them for a few days or hours?
Should you shout, scream? (I don't think that helps)
What can be done? What should be done? How to deal with such things without damaging the relationship?
How do you do something about it without looking like you are making mountain out of mole hill?

Last edited by Aphrodite11 (9/23/2016 1:13 pm)

RISE

9/24/2016 12:17 am  #2

Re: The meaning of "to not let someone of the hook easily"

Thanks pixelpie for sharing these links !! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ™๐Ÿผ

๐Ÿ˜‡ I AM THAT I AM ๐Ÿ˜‡

9/24/2016 1:38 am  #3

*Deleted

Last edited by Sam (12/06/2016 4:02 pm)

9/24/2016 6:28 am  #4

Aphrodite11 wrote:

Some people say if your partner has done something you shouldn't let him/her off the hook easily.
What if they didn't cheat on you or beat you up or anything like that?
For example, you made a mistake ย and you are trying everything you can to fix it. But next time when that topic comes up, your partner taunts you and that hurts and shocks you.
So how to deal with such situations?
Should you stop talking to them for a few days or hours?
Should you shout, scream? (I don't think that helps)
What can be done? What should be done? How to deal with such things without damaging the relationship?
How do you do something about it without looking like you are making mountain out of mole hill?

Event Outcome Reaction
Your reaction to anything is what will determine the outcome to you disagreement.

When you stop looking externally for the reasons and excuses for the things happening to you and start to concentrate on yourself and making you life more peaceful you will find less conflict arising.

9/24/2016 11:36 am  #5

Sam wrote:

Well I for one think that everyone should be let off the hook. Because if you believe in and understand the LOA, then you know that you're the creator of your reality. And that means that everything in your life is attracted by you, which in turn means that it's no one else's fault but your own. And this isn't a bad thing, it's actually a very empowering thing because not only does it allow you to forgive those who have wronged you, but it helps you learn to be less and less upset when negative circumstances arise. Because you know you created them and that means you can change them however you please.

That puts an awful lot of burden on us then. So if someone gets attacked and assaulted, it's their fault for creating that in their reality? I'm all for taking personal responsibility but there has to be a limit. I really don't see how everything, literally everything, can be attributed to how we each personally think and believe. Shit happens to good people all the time, and bad people seemingly get away with it.

Board footera