LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

5/21/2016 5:38 am  #31

5/21/2016 11:02 am  #32

Re: Just looking for some encouragement

LovelyMe wrote:

I just wanted to pop in here and thank the ladies who replied to me.

I was not thrilled that I fell for this guy who is much older than me. I don't do younger guys, and do prefer men 5-10 years older than me...but this guy I'm in love with is more than that. I had a hard time with it for a while, but realized...I don't care. I just want him, plain and simple.

--------------------------------------------

Speaking of still looking for encouragement...

So I've been doing a little bit of everything...I am an intense visualizer. I have noticed with the man I'm in love with, whenever I have a very intense session, I normally will see him/talk to him soon after (talking days, but once I had it happen the same day).

A few days ago, I had a really intense session. I did email with him, because I had my heart set on working with him during the summer. I set a lot of visualizations around it. He replied saying he looked forward to seeing me (he didn't know what I was going to talk to him about). I then found out he already asked someone else to work with him.
I emailed him and told him I knew he asked someone else, but still offered my help.

I went into a crazy downward spiral - one that I should know better than to do since I've been at this LOA thing for years...but..it still happened. I felt punched in the gut. It felt like a breakup, which I know sounds crazy.

He responded the next day - which is already saying a lot, because he's normally awful at responding to anything, and it's not just with me - and asked me if I'm interested in working with him in the fall.

I said yes, but I feel so let down. I can't tell if he asked me to work with him because he's interested in having me around, or if it's because he felt bad about asking someone else to work with him this summer. I can't tell if Lanie's method is working, and this is just how the Universe fine-tuned it, or if I should give up on the guy.

Speaking of age gaps...the thought occured to me that maybe he is having a hard time with the age gap as well (as well as his position vs. mine). It never occured to me before that perhaps he IS interested in me, but very worried of how I would receive any advances he'd like to make. But...I'm trying not to grasp at straws.

Ladies, I feel crazy because I am so damned sure he's interested, at least to some degree, and I know it's not a purely physical thing. I would even dare say that he was in love with me as much as I was with him for a period of time, but because of the age gap and our respective roles (professor and student), we're both frozen.

The technique is working and I believe he's proven it.  It's difficult because he may be in jeopardy if he pursues the relationship and yet I feel his desire is definitely there.  Just take it easy, slow down and let it happen in the timeframe that is best for all concerned.  xoxoxoxoxoxo

5/22/2016 4:09 am  #33

@Shana: Thank you for the links. I've read the first one a couple of times.

@Lanie: I don't know if some background will help, but I am no longer his student (still *a* student, though. I left for a while and came back). I have known him for over 5 years now...though obviously I have
a) had SERIOUS split energy about him, and
b) not been doing PW/RS the entire time.

Although I've known him for so long, and we've been dancing this vibrational dance for so long (and I have known about LOA the entire time), it wasn't until last Fall, coming back after I had been gone a while, that I finally made up my mind about him. 

5/22/2016 9:22 am  #34

LovelyMe wrote:

@Lanie: I don't know if some background will help, but I am no longer his student (still *a* student, though. I left for a while and came back). I have known him for over 5 years now...though obviously I have

Although I've known him for so long, and we've been dancing this vibrational dance for so long (and I have known about LOA the entire time), it wasn't until last Fall, coming back after I had been gone a while, that I finally made up my mind about him. 

Now that you have your mind made up it will be easier.  The universe doesn't understand what to give you if you don't know yourself.  Having split energy confuses the process.  Remember, whatever you turn your attention to will become stronger and manifest.  It will be interesting now that you're doing the technique on him again!  :-)

5/22/2016 11:30 am  #35

LovelyMe wrote:

You are most welcome LovelyMe,.

Gorgeous Lucky Bitch,
Shana Jahsinta Walters.

5/22/2016 11:32 am  #36

Lanie Stevens wrote:

Now that you have your mind made up it will be easier.  The universe doesn't understand what to give you if you don't know yourself.  Having split energy confuses the process.  Remember, whatever you turn your attention to will become stronger and manifest.  It will be interesting now that you're doing the technique on him again!  :-)

We humans can change our minds so fast. I know I have been guilty of this many times. Sometimes it is best to wait until you are absolutely sure before placing your order with the Universe. That way you don't end up with confused results.

Gorgeous Lucky Bitch,
Shana Jahsinta Walters.

10/10/2016 11:23 pm  #37

Hi all, I just wanted to give a little update (btw, anyone know what happened to CSF?)

I have been lurking here off and on. This subject of attracting a specific person has been a thorn in my side since 2008, even though that desire completely changed my life after leading me to learning about the Law of Attraction.

I am still in love with the same man who is older than me. We see each other very briefly about twice a week. A few weeks ago, he spent 40 minutes talking to me in front of about 4 other students while we were waiting for our class. It was awesome. I actually ended up learning a lot about him that I never knew before, even though for a good year and a half we chatted so much throughout our time together in class. He also kind of mentioned taking me to dinner. He was supposed to before I moved a couple years ago, but we never got a chance. I mentioned it to him then, and he seemed interested in still taking me...

Then silence. I didn't get to see him again really other than a passing "hello" for a couple of weeks, and then I was recently gone for a week.

My friend paid for me to talk to a psychic, and of course I asked about him. I disclosed the age gap to see if it changed anything for the psychic. She said we had a soulmate connection, and her cards pulled up that we had a solid mind, body, and soul attraction, and that it was reciprocal. She also mentioned us "missing each other", which could have been while I was in a different state for 2 years. 

I can't lie - it made me feel really good having that reading.

I saw him today after expecting to not see him. We did talk, and he did keep his attention on me, but I felt some distance.

I really wish I could just tell if he's interested or not. It's the not knowing how he feels and only suspecting things that just drives me batty. 

I am still doing my best to keep myself open, but I am in love with him. Oh, the psychic also told me my heart chakra is closed, which I have known for a while.

Any feedback on any of this? Sorry to lurk and then pop up with a long post, but sometimes I need support from people who understand!

10/11/2016 2:03 am  #38

LovelyMe wrote:

Hi all, I just wanted to give a little update (btw, anyone know what happened to CSF?)

I have been lurking here off and on. This subject of attracting a specific person has been a thorn in my side since 2008, even though that desire completely changed my life after leading me to learning about the Law of Attraction.

I am still in love with the same man who is older than me. We see each other very briefly about twice a week. A few weeks ago, he spent 40 minutes talking to me in front of about 4 other students while we were waiting for our class. It was awesome. I actually ended up learning a lot about him that I never knew before, even though for a good year and a half we chatted so much throughout our time together in class. He also kind of mentioned taking me to dinner. He was supposed to before I moved a couple years ago, but we never got a chance. I mentioned it to him then, and he seemed interested in still taking me...

Then silence. I didn't get to see him again really other than a passing "hello" for a couple of weeks, and then I was recently gone for a week.

My friend paid for me to talk to a psychic, and of course I asked about him. I disclosed the age gap to see if it changed anything for the psychic. She said we had a soulmate connection, and her cards pulled up that we had a solid mind, body, and soul attraction, and that it was reciprocal. She also mentioned us "missing each other", which could have been while I was in a different state for 2 years. 

I can't lie - it made me feel really good having that reading.

I saw him today after expecting to not see him. We did talk, and he did keep his attention on me, but I felt some distance.

I really wish I could just tell if he's interested or not. It's the not knowing how he feels and only suspecting things that just drives me batty. 

I am still doing my best to keep myself open, but I am in love with him. Oh, the psychic also told me my heart chakra is closed, which I have known for a while.

Any feedback on any of this? Sorry to lurk and then pop up with a long post, but sometimes I need support from people who understand!

Personally I am not a big fan of psychics anymore. I think they tip more into your own energy instead of telling the future. I once went to a psychic who also said that the connection me and my man had was a really special one, also the 'soulmate'  connection (but she also explained that you have more soulmates, it doesn't even have to be a lover soulmate). Well that part made me obviously feel good. The rest didn't.. Just remember that YOU are the universe. She basically told you what you already know in your heart. How are you doing with visualizing/PW now that you made up your mind and only focussing on him? Or do you still have doubts because you say that you try to keep yourself open? 

More curiousity of me, how do you know your heart chakra is closed? I lately have the feeling that I can't visualize the golden light and feel the energy from my heart anymore.. While normally this was the strongest point of my visualizations.

10/11/2016 7:37 pm  #39

lalalovely, thank you for responding.

I have not been keeping up with PW. I forgot to mention that I've been a lurker because having all my focus on loving and wanting someone can be too much. I know when to step away...but I'll be damned if it doesn't keep pulling me back. I become doubtful very easily. I become hurt easily. I have noticed whenever I strongly think of him, I will see him. LOA 101, I guess. 

As for my heart chakra being closed....I've known this for a few years, but your question made me remember something....I had started to become concerned with myself. I am a caring person, and I am there for my friends....but the warmth left me. I think I even confided in a friend that I felt like I was becoming an ice queen. This was around my heart getting broken for the last time by my ex that put me on this spiritual journey. 

I had a free reiki session around then as well, and the reiki person picked up on it. We did another one this year, and once again she said my heart chakra was still closed. 

All I can say is that I am torn. I simultaneously believe in love, and doubt it. I don't feel it's possible for me, or if it is, it will be very hard-earned.

Hope that helps.

Board footera