LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

12/04/2016 8:40 pm  #1

Great Book

The nature of personal reality -Seth Material
http://www.vielewelten.at/pdf_en/jane%20roberts.pdf
Before Abraham, there was Seth. I highly recommend giving this a read, Chapter 14 is about altering your reality.

12/04/2016 9:14 pm  #2

Re: Great Book

Thanks DC, ill check it out!

All advice given is intended in the best interest of whomever I may be replying to & my opinions may not necessarily reflect those of the wider community on the forum.

12/04/2016 9:23 pm  #3

Funny you should bring it up, I just came across this book again yesterday among my things. I'll have to give it another read. It's been ages since I cracked it open.

12/04/2016 9:28 pm  #4

No problem!  This is an amazing book. Here is a useful excerpt...about a physical gesture (acting as if)

You perform habitually in certain manners as a result of your beliefs. Now if you willfully change some of those habits then you are also getting the message across. The initiative must come from you, and in the present. In a very real manner of speaking, this means changing your viewpoint, that particular perspective with which you view your past and present and imagine your future.
You must look within yourself for evidences of what you want in terms of positive experience. Examine your past with that in mind. Imagine your future from the power point of the present. In such a way at least you are not using the past to reinforce your limitations, or projecting them into the future. It is only natural to contrast what you want with what you have, and it is very easy to become discouraged in so doing, but looking for errors in the past will not help you. A correctly utilized five-minute period of time can be of great benefit, however. In this period concentrate upon the fact that the point of power is now. Feel and dwell upon the certainty that your emotional, spiritual and psychic abilities are focused through the flesh, and for five minutes only direct all of your attention toward what you want. Use visualization or verbal thought — whatever comes most naturally to you; but for that period do not concentrate upon any lacks, just upon your desire.
Use all of your energy and attention. Then forget about it. Do not check to see how well it is working. Simply make sure that in that period your intentions are clear. Then in one way or another, according to your own individual situation, make one physical gesture or act that is in line with your belief or desire. Behave physically, then, at least once a day in a way that shows that you have faith in what you are doing. The act can be a very simple one. If you are lonely and feel unwanted, it can merely involve your smiling at someone else. If you are poor, it can involve such a simple thing as buying an item you want that costs two cents more than the one you would usually buy — acting on the faith, even that feebly, that the two cents will somehow be given you or come into your experience; but acting as if you had more than you do.
In health terms, it involves conducting yourself once a day as though you were not sick in whatever way given you. But the belief in the pre- sent, reinforced for five minutes, plus such a physical action, will some- times bring literally awesome results.
Such effects will occur however only if you cease looking into the past "for what is wrong," and stop reinforcing your negative experience. These same principles can be used in any area of your life, and in each you are choosing from a variety of probable events.

Last edited by DC (12/04/2016 9:32 pm)

12/04/2016 9:58 pm  #5

Another except in changing limiting beliefs...

For five or ten minutes a day at the most, then, use natural hypnosis as a method of accepting desired new beliefs. During that period concentrate your attention as vividly as possible upon one simple statement. Repeat it over and over while focusing upon it for this time. Try to feel the statement in whatever way is possible — that is, do not allow distractions, but if your mind insists upon running about then channel its images in line with your declaration.
The repetition, verbally or mentally, is important because it activates biological patterns and reflects them. Do not strain.
During the period, however, do remember that you are using the present as a moment of power to insert new beliefs, and that these will indeed be materialized. When the exercise is finished do not dwell upon it. Put it from your mind. You will have utilized natural hypnosis in a concentrated form.
You may have to experiment some for the proper wording of your message, but three days at the very least are necessary before you can tell, through results, how effective it has been. A change of wording may be in order. When you feel right about the statement, then continue it. Your attention should be completely relaxed otherwise, for time is needed. You may experience spectacular results at once. But continue the exercise even if this happens.
Inner channels must become re-patterned. There will be a feel to this that will serve as your own individual guideline. There is no need to continue the practice over ten minutes. In fact, many will find that difficult to do. Spending a longer period of time simply reinforces the idea of problems involved.

12/12/2016 5:53 pm  #6

Thanks I am currently reading it. Some very interesting stuff in it

12/16/2016 5:11 pm  #7

Just finished the book, what a great read!!! Thanks

12/16/2016 10:07 pm  #8

I'm glad you enjoyed it😀. So did I. I find Seth's explanations comforting and a lot more detailed than what I get anywhere else.

Last edited by DC (12/16/2016 10:08 pm)

12/17/2016 1:38 pm  #9

Thanks for sharing! I read this book years ago when I first learned about the loa and its great to read it again. 

I think Esther Hicks and Shakti Gawain read a lot of the Seth material, too.

Board footera