LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/07/2017 5:28 am  #1

Change Overnight!

30 years ago I met a guy that I instantly connected with on a "soul" level. Things didn't work for us back then, our relationship never made it past friendship due to external factors. We ended up going our separate ways and I briefly talked to him once I in the 4 years following; then I lost all contact with him. I never stopped thinking about him and would periodically pray for him, that he was happy, healthy, and found love.
Then 6 years ago I was able to locate him and I was so happy to find out that he had the 3 things I had prayed for. We didn't talk after that.

In August (2015) I had to place a phone call and saw his name. I realized it had been a really long time since I last spoke with him. I sent him a text asking how him and his family were doing and conveyed my well wishes to him.
I was saddened to hear that he and his wife were divorcing (which was finalized last October). He ended up calling me by a nickname my mom used to call me 30 years ago and which I don't even let my mom use any more. I was taken aback that he actually remembered it and told him so. He replied that he remembered a lot of things and when I inquired as to what his only response was "What if". I was shocked because I didn't know he even thought of me in such a way. I on the other hand realized that I still loved him all these years later and will love him into the next life. I resolved that I was content to remain friends only as long as he was happy and if that was the only way to have him in my life. So yes, I was very much shocked by the fact I had been on his mind enough over the years for him to wonder "what if" between us.
He called me later that day and our conversation was effortless. It was truly as if we had never lost touch. We just picked up where we left off, the connection we had 30 years ago never left. He ended up wanting to take me on a weekend getaway to San Francisco so we could catch up. I don't know if I inadvertently discouraged him because a short time later he became a bit distant. Our conversations were and are still effortless, no matter what our mood, we always make each other laugh and feel better, but also have deep meaningful talks.... and we still have an inexplicable bond. However our conversations began to become less frequent and by the time I read BWD right after Thanksgiving he was only calling if I asked him to via text (about once every 7 - 10 days).

After I read BWD I tried the visualisation technique but to no avail. Admittedly I was impatient and panic/negativity set in as I became fearful that I was losing the most special person in my life. Due to this I was reaching out to him to have him call me.
I finally realized I needed to stop obsessing and trying to force everything. We spoke on Wednesday 12/21, had a nice conversation, and wished each other a Merry Christmas. After 45 minutes or so we ended up hanging up and I didn't expect to hear from him until sometime after Christmas or even New Years. I continued the visualisation but was extremely doubtful that it was having any affect.
I was surprised when on Friday (12/23) he called me quite unexpectedly and without any prompting from me. I thought, wow...this can't be a coincidence and it gave me a little encouragement. The following week on Wednesday 12/28 I sent him a text with a picture of a telephone and a question mark. He of course called, very amused by the text. I went ahead and wished him a Happy New Year at that time. In addition to the visualisation I decided to talk with him while I was driving. I reached out to him mentally telling him that I know he can hear me because we are connected. I reaffirmed feelings to him at these times. Once again, unexpectedly and without prompting he called me (Friday, 12/30). By this point I'm thinking I'm onto something. So I decided to really increase things.

My birthday was the following week, so I decided to really put my visualization and mental connection with him to the test. I decided to make my nightly visualization bolder by making it more sexual. The rest of the time I mentally connected with him conveying my feelings and that my birthday was on Thursday, 1/5 and mentally asking him to call me on that day to wish me a happy birthday. I did not reach out to him in any way other than mentally/spiritually. On Monday, 1/2 evening he called me. Sooner than I had asked but I wasn't going to complain, I excitedly chose to enjoy it! However I still wanted him to call me on my birthday, the ultimate test. On Wednesday, 1/4 he called me again. During the conversation he asked me when my birthday was! On Thursday, 1/5 he called me, and yes he wished me happy birthday. He also called me on Friday, 1/6. Out of 5 days so far this past week, he called me on 4 of them without any text requests from me asking him to!
Additionally on the past 3 days he's had to hang up each time to take care of something else. Usually if he has to cut the call short, he never calls me back even when he says he will. These times, he called me back each and every time!

Another curious aspect that I've noticed .... my ex didn't treat me very well, and the gentleman I've been speaking of has made several comments over the past few weeks that male friends of mine have stated can only be interpreted as an expression of his desire to protect me. He is pretty traditional and old school minded, so the conclusions drawn by those friends is actually pretty feasible; it's just that he hasn't ever acted like he wants to be my protector before. As I said, it's curious.

Needless to say, I am not about to give up doing the techniques I've been doing. As a matter of fact I'm going to read PW to help reinforce and keep me encouraged.

I know this was long. Thank you for taking the time to read it and I pray my  story helps encourage anyone who needs it!

Thank you Lanie.

1/07/2017 6:01 am  #2

Re: Change Overnight!

Welcome MsMaiden 
Thank you for blessing us with this encouraging post!

All advice given is intended in the best interest of whomever I may be replying to & my opinions may not necessarily reflect those of the wider community on the forum.

Board footera