LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/30/2017 11:47 am  #1

Sticky situation...

Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum and this technique and really happy to be a part of supportive group to get me through this weird time in my "love" life. I have a bit of a long story that happened last night so please bear with me. So I like this guy who is 6 years younger than me. We've had sex only twice and we've only hung out twice one on one (to go hiking and to go get ice cream). The other times we've hung out have been in a group setting. We currently have a group chat with another friend of ours which is cool. But he and I used to message each other every single day. He used to be the one to initiate each time though. He hasn't initiated contact with me only in a few weeks and I feel like he's distant. We all hung out as a group last night for a friend's post-birthday celebration. We were all having a good time until he said that he wasn't going to be staying out late because he had "other plans." Those other plans involved a double date type of situation and I was sooooooo upset. I was upset #1 because I feel like our plans were altered that day. #2: because i feel like he didn't exactly have any regard for my feelings being that we have had sex in the past. Granted, he did seem hesitant to share his plans but our other friend kept trying to get in his business. If all we were doing was just having sex, still respect boundaries and not talk about what you have going on with someone else or other people in front of me. So needless to say, my demeanor changed for the rest of the evening and I was probably a buzz kill but I was caught off guard. Can you blame me? Anyway, I want to get this "boyman" to apologize to me sincerely for making me feel shitty even if it was unintentional. I want an apology as well as him to reach out to me often like he used to and show me lots of attention. I don't know why he stopped. What do you guys think is the best way for me to visualize to get him to do the above? 

7/30/2017 3:42 pm  #2

Re: Sticky situation...

Any help would be most welcome.

Last edited by Shayne (7/30/2017 3:43 pm)

7/31/2017 10:31 am  #3

So I forgot to mention that the way I found out about his other plans were because our "friend" who was also with us kept trying to pry him for information on what he had planned that evening. She kept asking what he was going to do and with whom. I'm pretty sure it was casual cause they were going to the club and it was more of a favor for his cousin. But I was still caught up in my feelings. I want us to have a talk about what happened but not sure how. Can someone please respond? Thank you.

8/01/2017 11:38 pm  #4

I had/have a similar situation that went on for far too long. I have to use Lanie's Cutting the Cord meditation and visualise him apologizing during the meditation. I have allowed my situation to mess with my head way too much, so I do this one a lot and it helps. After I broke up with my ex earlier this year, I was using the Stop Obsessive behaviour meditation. It helped a lot then and I am going to start using it again as I had a night like yours recently. Good luck!

8/02/2017 8:58 am  #5

January wrote:

I had/have a similar situation that went on for far too long. I have to use Lanie's Cutting the Cord meditation and visualise him apologizing during the meditation. I have allowed my situation to mess with my head way too much, so I do this one a lot and it helps. After I broke up with my ex earlier this year, I was using the Stop Obsessive behaviour meditation. It helped a lot then and I am going to start using it again as I had a night like yours recently. Good luck!

Hi January,
I've been doing the CTC meditation as well and it has helped me a lot. I may have to use the stop obsessive behavior meditation too. It seems like the night that happened last Saturday is all forgiven. I'm just wanting our communication back the way it was. Good luck to you as well!

Board footera