LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

1/25/2018 9:08 am  #1

Help please

Hi All
I'm new to the forum and also Lanie's books, techniques and meditations, I was hoping that you would be able to give me some help. It's a long story and to cut it short, 9yrs ago my heart was broken with what i thought was beyond repair when i lost my fiance in a car accident, it was like a ripple effect and alot more bad things happened, i then became ill with MS which i believe was brought on my trauma. I never thought I'd move on from my fiance and there was no-one until fast forward 8 years i starting seeing my POI, he knew about my circumstances and was so patient and understanding with me, at the time i hadn't dealt with the loss of my fiance so was struggling with everything i had a MS relapse and thought i was being punished for being happy again. I never treated my POI badly but because i was dealing with so much other stuff i was only giving him 10% of me, he's 8yrs younger than me but for him that wasn't an issue, he was the one asking me where i saw things going etc. He was trying to help me, but at the time i didnt understand my feelings for him in the sense of i still loved my finace and felt like i was cheating, but i knew i was developing feelings for my POI which was confusing me. After a period of time my POI ended it and i can't blame him, he told a mutual friend that all he wanted to do was help me but i wasn't letting him or letting him in. Fast forward to now, I've had counselling for my loss, overhauled my mind, had a treatment for MS and basically i've kicked it's arse and cured it(i believe with the treatment and my mind). You see everywhere ex's are ex's for a reason and should be left in the past, but i don't believe that, my POI was the biggest blessing of my life he was that turning point and kick up A**e i needed. Everytime i think of him i think of him with so much love, i bitterly regret the way i treated him but the timing was just wrong, this sounds really corny but when i think of him i literally smile from the inside out and my whole body feels warm on the inside. 
I've started the PW a couple of weeks ago and even done a BWD(that was intense), i've brought the meditations too. I really struggled at the start with what felt like a million other thoughts creeping in. What i really want to know is how can i strengthen the connection with him, how do i know he's connected, i can't visualize him very well nor hear his voice which then discourages me, but i can feel my heart feel warm during, once i've finished i feel excited and happy. I dont know if i'm doing it right???? What should i be saying to him and also how many times do you repeat each saying?? Do you think i should also do a love spell?? I'd be grateful for all the advice given  
I'm a totally different person to how i was when we were together and i just want him to give me that chance to show him. Sorry for the long post, but i want to get this right with him xxxx

1/25/2018 11:15 am  #2

Re: Help please

Hi Emma,

Welcome to the Sisterhood!! I hope that you're enjoying Lanie's materials. It was such a fun and interesting time for me when I discovered it all!

I've never lost a lover to death. But,  I have lost a lover by finding out that he had been lying to me. I will not try to compare the two losses but I will say that at least to some degree,  I know what the pain and confusion feels like. I know what it feels like to think the world has stopped and you can never be happy again because someone is gone.

I'm so happy to see that you know what it feels like to become excited about someone else!  You can be happy again, you can love again.  I'm just so happy that you've been able to see this and are open to living a full life once more.

I'm inspired by you overcoming MS and I hope you realize your strength!

Look, don't fret over what happened with you and the POI in the past. It sounds like you have done the self work. You're at a healthier place and you have discovered tools that will help you to get you back on your mind.  I wouldn't get too deep into what to say, how often to do it. From my experience,  it crosses over into being a chore and addiction when you do that.  Come from a place of love and fun and you can only get better.

Focus on living your life and being happy while knowing that your fiance would want you at your best and happy.

Board footera