LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

11/12/2016 12:08 pm  #1

Something that helps me

I've been struggling with trusting that the method works, and/or trusting that my man will come back--although he came back, he's just not currently in the mindset that I want him to be in, so I've been doing a ton of PW.

Anyway, recently it occurred to me that I should look at this the way I used to look at Christmas, or my birthday, when I was a kid. Let's say it was still 3 months until Christmas and I was looking forward to it being December 25th. Or 2 months until my birthday. You know how it is when you're a kid, you can't wait!!  A few months seem like years, right?

But even though I was impatient and was very excited about Christmas or my birthday, and even though that day was still a while away, it wasn't like I ever thought, "But what if Christmas doesn't come?" The time is going to pass and it may seem like ages but you never doubt that the date will arrive, because it just does. Granted, manifesting is slightly different because there's no set date for when it will happen, but I like to think of it as the same sort of process.

So that's how I try to look at this: it may seem like forever, but it's out there, you just haven't caught up to it yet.

It doesn't *always* make me feel better but it often does, so I thought I'd share it in the hope that it helps others!

11/12/2016 5:03 pm  #2

Re: Something that helps me

Thanks jellyb, i think you nailed it with this explanation on maintaining belief in the process 

All advice given is intended in the best interest of whomever I may be replying to & my opinions may not necessarily reflect those of the wider community on the forum.

12/01/2016 7:06 am  #3

I like this way of thinking! Thank you!  

12/01/2016 1:44 pm  #4

My pleasure!

12/03/2016 5:17 pm  #5

Thank you..needed that reminder.

12/05/2016 11:17 am  #6

I need to keep reminding myself of it too.

12/28/2016 9:41 am  #7

Thank you, that's a great tip! 

11/21/2018 7:42 am  #8

jellyb wrote:

I've been struggling with trusting that the method works, and/or trusting that my man will come back--although he came back, he's just not currently in the mindset that I want him to be in, so I've been doing a ton of PW.

Anyway, recently it occurred to me that I should look at this the way I used to look at Christmas, or my birthday, when I was a kid. Let's say it was still 3 months until Christmas and I was looking forward to it being December 25th. Or 2 months until my birthday. You know how it is when you're a kid, you can't wait!!  A few months seem like years, right?

But even though I was impatient and was very excited about Christmas or my birthday, and even though that day was still a while away, it wasn't like I ever thought, "But what if Christmas doesn't come?" The time is going to pass and it may seem like ages but you never doubt that the date will arrive, because it just does. Granted, manifesting is slightly different because there's no set date for when it will happen, but I like to think of it as the same sort of process.

So that's how I try to look at this: it may seem like forever, but it's out there, you just haven't caught up to it yet.

It doesn't *always* make me feel better but it often does, so I thought I'd share it in the hope that it helps others!

I share the same sentiments. I mean, who else would lift up ourselves, right? Sometimes we have to be strong and be positive for ourselves also. 

Board footera