LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

8/19/2019 8:46 am  #1

Love of my life dumped me and never looked back

Hello, I’ve been doing no contact for a month. It was a very nice 5 year relationship, but I was completely blindsided with the breakup. Looking back it seemed maybe his expectations for our future changed within the last year. Right before the breakup I asked him about marriage and he started giving very hesitant responses such as I should not invest in him and that he has issues and doesn’t want to Have the responsibilities of a relationship and doesn’t know if he’ll ever want to get married. This was something new that I believe he’s been holding in for months and months. Then I came over his house unannounced to talk because His phone kept going to voicemail and I was crying about the situation.  I saw he had a “friend” over at 10 at night. He wouldn’t let me in at first but then finally let me in and introduced us (name to name) she left. He kept saying the same thing about not wanting to be bothered with a relationship but wanted to think about my suggestion of him going counseling. He became very cold and dumped me a few days later. Then a week later he was seen with another woman. I was so hurt that someone that dated me the entire time and was very generous, loving and sweet easily dumped me and turned cold within one week.He has not tried to contact me at all.  He use to bring up a prior relationship that seemed to scar him and changed his perception on commitment. So now, I don’t want him because it seems he was cheating but The betrayal and abandonment does hurt. . I want Him to face what he did to me and at least feel a remorseful, regretful and sorry. How should I use PW to make him deal with what he did to me and regret it?  Has anyone had a similar situation?

8/27/2019 1:29 am  #2

Re: Love of my life dumped me and never looked back

How did you not know he had "issues" as he put it after five years together?

1/05/2020 3:56 pm  #3

"The betrayal and abandonment does hurt. . I want Him to face what he did to me and at least feel a remorseful, regretful and sorry. How should I use PW to make him deal with what he did to me and regret it?  Has anyone had a similar situation?".....

​YES. My situation is a little different but there are things my ex has done since we ended things that were cold, cruel, and cowardly. I want him to face his true feelings for me, what he has done wrong, and admit the truth to me when he returns.  I want a sincere apology and I want him to beg to be with me. Im not sure how to use LOA to get that. I don't want to make him do anything against his own heart or freewill.  

7/11/2020 12:04 am  #4

I can't really help sorry, I am super newbie at all this, but I see where you are coming from in a way sort of, though maybe my situation wasn't as bad, but I feel like I got dicked around a lot by my ex, especially how he brokeup with me for good at the end recently and all the horrible things he said--how coldly he said them, it was like everything he loved about us he now hates instead somehow, and is trying to see something negative and wrong with it all. I also feel like he needs some serious actual therapy in an office and treatment maybe, and he has somewhat admitted his special deep issues. So I feel your pain kind of. Let's hope we can turn things around and best wishes.

Love and Light

Last edited by Karrin Rachelle (7/11/2020 12:05 am)

Board footera