LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

7/12/2016 1:24 pm  #1

Challenge: Changing Beliefs about Men

Hey ladies,

I realize a lot of us (I'd argue almost all of us) have negative beliefs about men. Early this year I accepted that I would struggle to manifest a lot of the desired experiences with guys as long as I held such negative beliefs, and I began working on them. I'm hoping that starting this thread will motivate all of us (myself included) to alter our realities, and get the treatment we deserve.

I'll give some examples:
1) I worked on a belief I'd developed about men not wanting commitment, and I changed it to "men want love and relationships just as much as women do." I searched my brain for examples of guys I knew who always talked about wanting girlfriends, and guys from High School who were STILL with their HS sweethearts, and used that to build up my new belief. Shortly after, I met a guy who was in town for the week- we had an amazing date, amazing sex and he still texted me first the next day and wanted to spend an entire afternoon with me.

2) I also decided, just for fun, that "men fall even more in love with me after sex". I mean, we're taught from a young age that women get clingy after sex and men lose interest, but is that really how we want things to go? Not me! Anyhoo, I went on another Tinder date with someone who seemed to just want sex, but after the sex on our 2nd date, he got SUPER affectionate. I'm talking strangely affectionate- it was so different to how he was before. He was opening up about personal things, kept telling me what a nice girl I am, and half-jokingly asked me to spend the night. And he's still texting me today, even though I went home for 3 weeks (using BWD on and off- thanks Lanie!)

So, although my current targets are still in progress, I know for a fact that altering our beliefs really does alter reality. I really want for more women to stop being victims to the lies we're fed from childhood, and have awesome love lives. 

So, if anyone wants to join this challenge, feel free!

Some affirmations are:
"Men love, worship and revere me for everything I am" (adding the worship and revere includes the respect I want from men)
"Men fall in love with me after sex"
"Men want love and relationships just as much as women do"

Add any you want, as long as they portray men the way you want them to be in your life. 
All the best, and let's keep each other motivated

7/12/2016 1:32 pm  #2

Re: Challenge: Changing Beliefs about Men

Amazonne wrote:

Hey ladies,

I realize a lot of us (I'd argue almost all of us) have negative beliefs about men. Early this year I accepted that I would struggle to manifest a lot of the desired experiences with guys as long as I held such negative beliefs, and I began working on them. I'm hoping that starting this thread will motivate all of us (myself included) to alter our realities, and get the treatment we deserve.

I'll give some examples:
1) I worked on a belief I'd developed about men not wanting commitment, and I changed it to "men want love and relationships just as much as women do." I searched my brain for examples of guys I knew who always talked about wanting girlfriends, and guys from High School who were STILL with their HS sweethearts, and used that to build up my new belief. Shortly after, I met a guy who was in town for the week- we had an amazing date, amazing sex and he still texted me first the next day and wanted to spend an entire afternoon with me.

2) I also decided, just for fun, that "men fall even more in love with me after sex". I mean, we're taught from a young age that women get clingy after sex and men lose interest, but is that really how we want things to go? Not me! Anyhoo, I went on another Tinder date with someone who seemed to just want sex, but after the sex on our 2nd date, he got SUPER affectionate. I'm talking strangely affectionate- it was so different to how he was before. He was opening up about personal things, kept telling me what a nice girl I am, and half-jokingly asked me to spend the night. And he's still texting me today, even though I went home for 3 weeks (using BWD on and off- thanks Lanie!)

So, although my current targets are still in progress, I know for a fact that altering our beliefs really does alter reality. I really want for more women to stop being victims to the lies we're fed from childhood, and have awesome love lives. 

Some affirmations are:
"Men love, worship and revere me for everything I am" (adding the worship and revere includes the respect I want from men)

Add any you want, as long as they portray men the way you want them to be in your life. 

You have a WONDERFUL way of thinking.. This made my day!! Thank you!! 

7/12/2016 2:02 pm  #3

That is such a good idea, yes I will give it a go too!

7/12/2016 2:15 pm  #4

Amazonne wrote:

Hey ladies,

I'll give some examples:

Some affirmations are:

I swear like 20mins ago I was thinking about this topic!! I was raised by a mother who had 5 children with 3 different husbands and through example and what she ingrained in me was that men always wanted one thing! "Sex" and that they were always unfaithful to their women. I know she didn't mean to but I'm 38 now and I'm barely figuring out why my marriage of 20years had a lot of distrust on my part!!
Thanks for this! We all need to read this and really ponder on it! It really gets you thinking!🤔

Last edited by Mcleanie77 (7/12/2016 2:21 pm)

7/12/2016 2:35 pm  #5

I was not conditioned as a child to think of men in this way, I had lovely parents. Unfortunately I have recently i.e. 3 months been separated from a man that had an affair last year and I forgive. I had him back and he is now marrying the woman he had the affair with. When I read LOA it always says that we attract these life events through our thoughts. I never thought for one second he would have an affair. However, I love the way you think and I am going to 'take this on board'. I am going to think very positively about men. It can only help, there are some lovely, faithful men out there

7/12/2016 2:52 pm  #6

Rubybell68 wrote:

Amazonne wrote:

Hey ladies,

I'll give some examples:

Some affirmations are:

You have a WONDERFUL way of thinking.. This made my day!! Thank you!! 

Sure, and thank you! The idea to make it a thread is thanks to @Cheriesymone read her recent post on "Worked in less than 12 hours" thread, it's awesome :D

7/12/2016 2:58 pm  #7

Mcleanie77 wrote:

Amazonne wrote:

I swear like 20mins ago I was thinking about this topic!! I was raised by a mother who had 5 children with 3 different husbands and through example and what she ingrained in me was that men always wanted one thing! "Sex" and that they were always unfaithful to their women. I know she didn't mean to but I'm 38 now and I'm barely figuring out why my marriage of 20years had a lot of distrust on my part!!
Thanks for this! We all need to read this and really ponder on it! It really gets you thinking!🤔

Yay! Sure thing. Yes, parents/friends do tell us these things in the hopes of protecting us. Their hearts are in the right place. But upon discovering LOA we realise just how our lives are shaped by these things. It's awesome that you're thinking about it, I smell some grand changes nearby 

7/12/2016 3:01 pm  #8

Yes!! This is perfect and I will start now
Men love worship and revere me.
Everyman that have Sex with me falls deeply in love with me
I believe men are good. I trust men . I see their beauty
I forgive Everyman in my past. I send them love Light and joy

And ladies this is a 21 day challenge. You must write or affirm it straight  for 21 days in order for the change to take place

Blessed Is She Who Believed

7/12/2016 3:08 pm  #9

Mcleanie77 wrote:

Amazonne wrote:

Hey ladies,

I'll give some examples:

Some affirmations are:

What I forgot to add and which was the most important part was that my husband of twenty years has not only stayed completely faithful and loyal to me he still loves me unconditionally till this day!!! It's been 20 years so I know it's possible for everyone to having loving and lasting relationships with the one they love! Now let's get out of our own way ladies!😀

7/12/2016 3:20 pm  #10

That is AMAZING!! Thank you for sharing- really encouraging *dances*

Board footera