LANIE STEVENS Books & Meditations -- http://laniestevens.com

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

3/01/2017 10:53 pm  #1

Blocking/deleting etc doesn't make sense to me

I understand "oh they're trying to resist. But can't they just resist without doing that? And if they felt they wanted you, why would they resist? Why wouldn't they be like "I like this person now", then boom. Why resist?

Also I've been doing pw (not a lot of bwd) on my girl for a year now and she's still on my Facebook friends list but obviously resisting... so what's the big deal?

It just doesn't seem logical to me. And why is my case so weird? Her staying on my friends list but still resisting even after a year?

It's beginning to sound a lot to me like they're just blocking. Nothing more, nothing less. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Why is my case so off then? Thank you

3/01/2017 10:55 pm  #2

Re: Blocking/deleting etc doesn't make sense to me

We've explained this hundreds of times in the threads that have already been made about it.

3/01/2017 11:06 pm  #3

Blue wrote:

We've explained this hundreds of times in the threads that have already been made about it.

Try again without the rudeness please. That's fine. I'm want specifics for MY situation. I looked and I haven't found my exact question asked before with my situation. You're kind of rude... if you wanted to reply to my thread you could've at least written something productive. That or nothing at all. Thanks. If you feel like updating your post with what I'm actually asking for, then I'd appreciate it l.  Thank you.

And yes I've tried looking first.

You CLEARLY did not read my post. I'd like understanding into my own situation. Don't just link me to threads where people say "it happens because they resist their feelings". And that's it, followed by "you're a doubter that's why".

You're clearly not reading my posts so I'd love if you were to stop positing on my thread, thanks.

You're pretty rude. Might I ask why? Just because you're unsatisfied with yourself doesn't give you the right to take it out on others. I've seen the way you reply to others as well, and it's really very rude. You really need to work on how you talk to others. You're very rude.

Edited this post because of this stupid "wait ten minutes between posts" mess

Last edited by ThisIsMyUsername (3/01/2017 11:16 pm)

3/01/2017 11:11 pm  #4

3/01/2017 11:13 pm  #5

ThisIsMyUsername wrote:

I understand "oh they're trying to resist. But can't they just resist without doing that? And if they felt they wanted you, why would they resist? Why wouldn't they be like "I like this person now", then boom. Why resist?

Also I've been doing pw (not a lot of bwd) on my girl for a year now and she's still on my Facebook friends list but obviously resisting... so what's the big deal?

It just doesn't seem logical to me. And why is my case so weird? Her staying on my friends list but still resisting even after a year?

It's beginning to sound a lot to me like they're just blocking. Nothing more, nothing less. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Why is my case so off then? Thank you

I would have to agree with you.  I understand the concept of resistance, but some of these
posters that say "Yay, he blocked me on FB - it must be working."  Really?  How about he
comes over and hands you a wad of cash?  Or takes you out to dinner?  Or better yet,
a diamond engagement ring along with a marriage proposal???

That would be my preferred evidence.

And why does it seem there's never a follow-up update to the resistance besides he
unblocked me on FB?

Then one story of supposed resistance leads to another and so forth.

Anyway, I need scientific proof! 

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
*                   Don’t Be Pushed By Your Problems. Be Led By Your Dreams ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson                   *
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

3/01/2017 11:14 pm  #6

ThisIsMyUsername wrote:

First of all I wouldn't have her on my friends list.  I deleted my fiancé' about a week after he left.  Why torture yourself by being "friends"?  There's no point in being able to look at their stuff.  It only opens wounds.  As long as the person feels your presence they are less likely to give in because they know you're still there wanting them back.  I sincerely wish everyone would release themselves from the emotional bondage by breaking the cords that bind you.  First of all they feel the loss.  Secondly it sets you free and allows you to move on and grow from the experience.  You can reconnect any time you please so it isn't permanent.  

3/01/2017 11:20 pm  #7

Lanie Stevens wrote:

ThisIsMyUsername wrote:

First of all I wouldn't have her on my friends list.  I deleted my fiancé' about a week after he left.  Why torture yourself by being "friends"?  There's no point in being able to look at their stuff.  It only opens wounds.  As long as the person feels your presence they are less likely to give in because they know you're still there wanting them back.  I sincerely wish everyone would release themselves from the emotional bondage by breaking the cords that bind you.  First of all they feel the loss.  Secondly it sets you free and allows you to move on and grow from the experience.  You can reconnect any time you please so it isn't permanent.  

Thanks lanie. I'm just confused as to why she's refusing to delete me. I know she hasn't just forgotten. Don't ask how. I know for a fact it's just a lot to type out haha! Also her sister sent me a hurtful message on smapchat and still has me on there and Facebook . I would've deleted me from my friends list after sending that if I were her. It's really very weird. For someone who wants me out of their life my girl certainly has a weird way of showing it LOL. I'm not usually checking her profile so there's no need to delete or block her. I don't usually check my Facebook often anyway. Thank you though!

3/01/2017 11:25 pm  #8

The ten minute thing is annoying, I think they set that up to discourage spammers.
Or maybe to keep people from arguing  

*                   Don’t Be Pushed By Your Problems. Be Led By Your Dreams ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson                   *

3/01/2017 11:39 pm  #9

I think I get what you mean. With the blocking thing, I think it means they are scared and running. It is a good sign for people because they probably didn't have any activity. It is a sign that they feel something.

3/02/2017 3:00 am  #10

Lanie Stevens wrote:

ThisIsMyUsername wrote:

This is something some people should notice. This is very important for a lot of people but they do not understand it and then regret it and it's okay sometimes a jolt is needed to realise this. They are your "ex" and hence you are not obligated to stay friends with them or stay in contact or do anything for them. You are not obligated to stay friends with the mutual friends and stay in touch with their family members. You are not obligated to keep their gifts and photos or anything associated with them. The person walked out on you or did things that made you walk away !!! Things end right there . They send a clear message that they do not want you in their lives anymore. So respect their decision and keep your self respect too, maintain your dignity too by completely eliminating any evidence of the relationship and by not letting them see you in your vulnerable state. No begging and pleading and crying!!! Detach !!!!! For your sake !!!!

RISE

Board footera